Monday, December 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo Wrap-up


Another year of NaNoWriMo has come to a close, and I can officially call myself a winner again!


Thank goodness for write-ins because I'm not sure I would've caught up otherwise. I was too shy and too busy last year to attend any write-ins (which are basically a bunch of NaNoWriMo participants in a room together with laptops), but I'm so glad I made it to three this year, including the one I hosted! I met three creative, like-minded ladies (who are all writing very different novels, which is a good thing) that live nearby, and I hope I get to read all their finished products in print some day very soon. At the write-in on Friday, they even gave me a great plot idea when I got stuck. Thanks, ladies!

Sunday, I attended the Happily Ever After party, and it was a lot of fun! Going into it, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm really glad I went. My s'mores bars I brought were a hit. (They always are, even when I forget to add the vanilla, d'oh!) I'm already look forward to next year.

I also got to FINALLY finish a work in progress that I began when I was 11 years old. Except this time, I wrote it from a different character's point of view, and I think it took the story in a completely new direction that I was pretty happy with. My brother (who remembers me writing the story the first time around) said I should put it out on its 20-year anniversary next year. So maybe I'll give the self-publishing thing a try.

But for now, my next plan is to go back to last year's novel and continue revising because I think that one has better potential to actually become something. Then I have to decide if I'm going to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo in the spring and summer...one thing at a time.

Here's what I wore to the party and for Inspiration Monday. I did consider wearing leather leggings like the inspiration picture shows, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not in broad daylight. I went with studded instead.

Sweater Dress: H&M; Leggings: Target; Boots: Payless



6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Follow your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very cool, you should definitely be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I'm fashionable! I have those gold studded leggings too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. I wanted to participate so badly this year but couldn't make it work with my schedule. I'm optimistic about next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for you...that's awesome!!! i'd read it! i love this sweater on you. the color is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved reading about your experience with nanowrimo! i think it's something i should look into... i'm constantly writing but i have never felt as though i've been able to write one full story from start to end... but maybe something like this would help hone my focus. i have two different stories going on right now and this just excites me even more to try to really develop them, even if they're just for my own entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete