Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I Finally Found the Perfect Sweater Dress

In fact, I found two of them. Thank you, Zulily! (<---That's my invite link, by the way.)

Zulily is trouble. It's one of those subscription shopping sites that have new deals every day on heavily discounted items. This one is targeted for parents and sells mostly stuff for children and mothers.

In general, I should not buy clothing online because once I get the clothes in the mail and try them on, the fit is usually not ideal. Like one sweater I bought from Zulily that was delivered a couple days before these dresses, for instance. Or the fleece-lined tights I'm wearing below, which I bought off of Groupon. They were too short, so I ended up cutting the toe seam off, and now they're footless tights. They're super warm and comfy otherwise. If anyone wants to take the new-in-box black pair off my hands, they're yours for $10 including shipping. The size range is 5'5"–6', 165–250 lb.

I wasn't terribly optimistic about these sweater dresses, but the price was good, and I've been on the sweater dress hunt for years now. They are both pretty much perfect. Not too tight, not too boxy, and not too short. And machine washable. I went with XLs in both because sweater dresses always run small on me, but I may have been able to get away with larges in these. But I'll take the extra room.

Left - Dress: Jessica Howard via Zulily; Tights: HB by Harve Benard via Groupon; Shoes: Chelsea Crew
Right - Dress: Lennie for Nina Leonard via Zulily; Boots: Kohl's; Bracelet: c/o Wantable

The navy blue Jessica Howard dress is available at Boston Store (or any of the other Bon-Ton department stores), and the colorblocked Nina Leonard dress is available on Overstock.com for just a little more than what I paid for it. If you love sweater dresses as much as I do but can never find one that fits right, I highly recommend both of these.

I'm linking up with the Fashionista Style Hop.

5 comments:

  1. I love these, Rebekah! I, too, love sweater dresses, and these both are so lovely. I also really like Zulily, but I'm a little leery of ordering clothing from them because they don't take returns :( I have gotten some TOMS shoes, my running shoes, and a bag from Zulily before, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been able to find a sweater dress that looks good on me. These both look amazing! I love the pattern of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the blue dress and the shoes you're wearing with it. Perfection. I hate shopping for sweater dresses. I only have one and it's a crochet knit so it's only great for the in-between fall weather. Surprise, it's also navy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love them both...they both look fantastic on you. that is one that i have not signed up for yet...i feel it's too dangerous for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good sweater dress, they're so comfortable. These look great on you!

    ReplyDelete