Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dressed by Mary Again

Fellow Milwaukee blogger Mary from Babble & Bloom picked out my outfit again today.

Source
I'm a big fan of tone-on-tone looks, but I didn't have anything close to the lovely peach color of that skirt. Instead, I tried to get the same effect by going with a green pencil skirt and a mint tank top, and then I added matching shoes instead of matching shades.

It was really, really windy out, as you can probably tell.

Skirt: New York & Company; Tank Top: J.Crew Factory; Shoes: L.L.Bean; Blazer and Sunglasses: Target;
Watch: Fossil; Bracelet: Target?



I really liked this outfit! Usually I feel oddly formal wearing a blazer with a pencil skirt, like I'm trying to sell someone a new home or something, but this was fun enough to counteract that. (No offense to realtors - they're sharp-dressed people, and my team at work is more on the casual side.) I even got a compliment on my shoes by a man sitting outside of Starbucks.

I'm also linking up with IFB Project #96: Share Your Shades.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your take on this with the green! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green was a good choice! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love you in green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes with a bright colour is always a fabulous combination in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete