Monday, May 13, 2013

Florida Vacation 2013 Recap

To read some tips on how to pack for a theme-park vacation, you can check out my guest post today on Modly Chic! Here are the outfits I packed for Bridget and me for our Orlando vacation we just returned from:

All of Bridget's Outfits and My Dresses: Target; Green Slytherin Tank: Wizarding World of Harry Potter;
Printed Shorts and Black Tank: Old Navy; White Linen Pants: MICHAEL Michael Kors; Sandals: Aldo

Thursday, we began our Disney fun at Magic Kingdom! Let's see if I can remember everything we did...
  1. Watched a parade
  2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride
  3. Daisy and Minnie meet n greet
  4. Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid ride
  5. It's a Small World ride
  6. Dole Whip
My mom, Bridget, and Minnie

We were amused that one of the poodles was named Brigitte.

It's a small world after all...

Dole Whip!

The lines weren't too long, and we waited less than 25 minutes for every ride. Still, with a two-year-old, we had to be choosy with what we wanted to get on because we knew our time was limited. We made it about 4 - 5 hours that day. Bridget was a champ! She started to melt down while in line for a Dole Whip, but she was better once we got her some ice cream.

We grabbed lunch back in our room, swam in the pool a little bit, and ate dinner at the resort. My mom was excited to go back to Magic Kingdom that night if possible (my parents had already been there 3 days, so they were pretty well rested), but my husband, Bridget, and I were beat.

On Friday, we took a little bit longer to get out the door, but then we headed to Universal Islands of Adventure and put in a few hours there. I was super bummed the Jurassic Park water ride was down for maintenance, but we still found plenty of fun things to do, such as:
  1. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ride
  2. The Lorax and Cat in the Hat meet n greet
  3. The Cat in the Hat ride
  4. Caro-Seuss-el
  5. The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train
  6. Ate lunch at Three Broomsticks and drank butterbeer
  7. The Forbidden Journey (single rider)
  8. Flight of the Hippogriff
  9. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man ride (single rider)
Meeting the Lorax - Hubs' shirt is wet from the One Fish Two Fish ride

On the Caro-Seuss-el

She loved having her face painted! Seriously, she did, despite her expression in this picture.

Hagrid's hut in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

My mom has a bunch more pictures, but she hasn't posted them yet. You can see the rest of mine here. There aren't that many others - I only took about 30 total.

That night for dinner, hubs and I met my friend from high school and her boyfriend at Giordano's for some Chicago style pizza! I didn't even know they had locations outside of Illinois, but apparently they have three of them in Florida.

On our last full day (also the day my parents flew home), we attempted a visit to Animal Kingdom. The day started off a little rocky after the It's Tough to be a Bug attraction scared Bridget, but we soldiered on to stand in line for The Festival of the Lion King show. The show was excellent, and Bridget loved it, but she was also getting hotter and more rundown by the minute. We had to call it a day and get her back to the hotel and into bed.

Later in the afternoon, I drove my parents to the airport and then met my friend and her boyfriend again for dinner while hubs offered to stay back with Bridget. The original plan was for them to come to our hotel to hang out, but we didn't want to keep Bridget awake. Instead, we went out to a restaurant called Brick House, which was right next to their hotel. The food was good, the atmosphere was cool and man cave-themed, but the service left a lot to be desired. I'm going to give the place the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just our waitress and not the establishment in general. (I'll have to steal my friend's picture she took of us when she posts it on Facebook.)

And Sunday, we flew home! Bridget was still feverish, and hubs had come down with some sort of stomach bug, so it wasn't the most pleasant traveling day for them, but we made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment