Saturday, May 4, 2013

Reenacting Our First Concert

I was going to skip the Linen day in Heidi and Marissa's Pantone linkup until I realized that the lace top I wore yesterday for work and then to the Colton Dixon concert was apparently linen colored.

Top and Shoes: Kohl's; Jeans: Kut; Belt: Michael Kors; Bracelets: ?; Necklace: Etsy


My friend Katie's Facebook status reminded me that 18 years ago, we attended our first concert (Amy Grant at the state fair) with both our moms. Last night, we got the group back together for this show.  Wow, it's crazy to think about how much has happened in those 18 years.

After dinner we got to the venue (Elmbrook Church in this case) about 10 minutes before the show started and found a second row pew on the side! The moms were impressed. Colton was the second act to go on, and Katie and I squeezed out of our row and stood in the front for the tail end of his set.



I don't know what's going on with the sound in this video...


The highlight of the night for me was when Colton Dixon's guitarist threw a guitar pick at me, and I somehow caught it one handed in mid air. It wasn't quite as cool as when my friend Theresa caught a pick mid clap, but it was still pretty impressive and ninja-like. That's what was going on at the end of the video when the camera went crazy, and I started cracking up.


The Modern Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment