|Deep-Fried Peanut Butter & Bacon Nuggets with Berry Weiss Jelly (source)|
Less than one week to go until the Wisconsin State Fair 2013 kicks off! Since I've done one of these posts the last two years, I wanted to keep the tradition going. Here's what I'm hoping to consume this year:
New Food - Find the complete list here.
- Beer-Battered Macaroni & Cheese Bites with Jack Cheese and Bacon - Sounds interesting. This might be a good alternative to the deep-fried macaroni. That stuff is hard to beat, though.
- Deep-Fried Pepper Jack & Bacon Macaroni & Cheese on a Stick - Oh no, more delicious fried macaroni options! What to do, what to do.
- Deep-Fried Peanut Butter & Bacon Nuggets with Berry Weiss Jelly - Peanut butter mixed with blended bacon, hand-rolled in Panko bread crumbs, deep fried and served hot and fresh with Berry Weiss Jelly. I hate to admit it, but I'm intrigued.
Food on a Stick - The complete list is here.
- Deep-Fried PB & J - Why did I not get this the last two years? I keep talking about it...
- Cookie Dough on a Stick - I always have this at the end of the night and can never finish it, but that's what friends are for. I mentioned in my 2012 retrospective that I might skip the cookie dough this year, so we'll see. It could happen.
Will Not Be Trying
- Better with Bacon Bar - Ice cream rolled in bacon pieces and dipped in chocolate. I said this last year, and I'll say it again - what is the impulse to add bacon to everything? The peanut butter and bacon nuggets sound OK, but I'm not sure about the ice cream. Maybe the salty/sweet combo would be good??
- Krispy Kreme Burger with Spicy Pig Candy - I don't even know what that means, but I'll probably just stick to the regular Krispy Kreme cheeseburger. Apparently spicy pig candy is candied bacon. Of course.
- Cajun Frog Legs on a Stick - Ew?
Yearly Must Haves
- Deep-Fried Oreos - Seriously, they taste like Oreo-flavored donuts.
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger - It was surprisingly tasty last year (with ketchup), and I may just have it again.
- Sweetcorn Jalapeno Nuggets - So good.