|Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger (source)|
Anyone know if this is still there? Because I'm trying it. On principle.
It's Wisconsin State Fair time again! The happiest food-related time of the year! Here's a list of all the crazy food on my radar. As a comparison, here's my food lineup from last year and also my retrospective after trying said foods.
New Food - Find the complete list here.
- Brewton on a Stick - Deep-fried won ton filled with chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and scallions
- Deep-Fried Cookie Dough - Oh man...what am I going to do?? Cookie dough on a stick is my go-to state fair snack! I may just have to get both and compare the two.
- Deep-Fried Stuffing on a Stick - Sounds good to me!
Food on a Stick - The complete list is here.
- Deep-Fried PB & J - Why did I not try this last year?
Will Not Be Trying
- Chocolate-Covered Cheese - Mozzarella cheese stick dipped in milk chocolate, sprinkled with sea salt. Um, no.
- Fat Elvis on a Stick - Peanut butter cup in banana batter with bacon. What is the impulse to add bacon to everything?
Yearly Must Haves
- Deep-Fried Oreos - Seriously, they taste like Oreo flavored donuts.
- Cookie Dough on a Stick - OK, it’s a big hunk of peanut butter, sugar, or chocolate chip cookie dough dipped in either chocolate or butterscotch. Oh...em...gee...
- Sweetcorn Jalapeno Nuggets - These aren't necessarily a must have, but I had them last year, and they were really good.
- Sweet Potato Tater Tots - Also not a must have, but a tasty item nonetheless.
What's the craziest fair food you've tried? Did you like it?