Thursday, August 2, 2012

State Fair Food Wish List

Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger (source)
Anyone know if this is still there? Because I'm trying it. On principle.

It's Wisconsin State Fair time again! The happiest food-related time of the year! Here's a list of all the crazy food on my radar. As a comparison, here's my food lineup from last year and also my retrospective after trying said foods.

New Food - Find the complete list here.
  • Brewton on a Stick - Deep-fried won ton filled with chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and scallions
  • Deep-Fried Cookie Dough - Oh man...what am I going to do?? Cookie dough on a stick is my go-to state fair snack! I may just have to get both and compare the two.
  • Deep-Fried Stuffing on a Stick - Sounds good to me!

Food on a Stick - The complete list is here.
  • Deep-Fried PB & J - Why did I not try this last year?

Will Not Be Trying
  • Chocolate-Covered Cheese - Mozzarella cheese stick dipped in milk chocolate, sprinkled with sea salt. Um, no.
  • Fat Elvis on a Stick - Peanut butter cup in banana batter with bacon. What is the impulse to add bacon to everything?

Yearly Must Haves
  • Deep-Fried Oreos - Seriously, they taste like Oreo flavored donuts. 
  • Cookie Dough on a Stick - OK, it’s a big hunk of peanut butter, sugar, or chocolate chip cookie dough dipped in either chocolate or butterscotch. Oh...em...gee...
  • Sweetcorn Jalapeno Nuggets - These aren't necessarily a must have, but I had them last year, and they were really good.
  • Sweet Potato Tater Tots - Also not a must have, but a tasty item nonetheless. 

What's the craziest fair food you've tried? Did you like it?

6 comments:

  1. Deep fried Milky Way when you were with us. Disgusting only due to how much sugar was in it...could barely finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have tried a deep fried candy bar at the MN state fair, too, but I can't remember. I feel like the deep fried cookie dough is going to be like that too. Just way too sweet. I can barely finish the cookie dough on a stick before I get sick of it.

      Delete
  2. I do not if the krispy kream burger is still there but I know there is a krispy kream pulled pork sandwich this year. But try this you put the chocolate covered bacon on the krispy kream burger and then drizzle deep fried butter on it way good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, the Krispy Kreme pulled pork sandwich doesn't sound as appealing to me. I like pulled pork sandwiches, but not with a doughnut on top. However, you are my hero for your bacon and butter suggestion, anonymous commenter.

      Delete
  3. Oh my God. That Krispy Kreme cheeseburger seems terrible but I totally want you to try it an report back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a pretty boring state fair goer. I usually get a baked potato and cream puff.... that's it. However I want to try something different this time around. We are going on Tuesday this year for crazy grazing day.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete