It’s almost time! The Wisconsin State Fair begins a week from today. I look forward to this event basically for one reason: deep fried Oreos. Can’t wait!
Every year, they add more new and sometimes crazy food to the fair’s lineup. A couple years ago, it was the much talked about chocolate covered bacon. This year, the hot new food is deep fried butter. I didn’t try the bacon, and I’m not planning on trying the butter, but there are still many other foods on my list already.
New Food on My Radar
- Deep fried bacon wrapped hot dog on-a-stick - Sounds like a fried corndog with bacon.
- Deep Fried Beer (Michelob AmberBock) with Cheddar Cheese dipping sauce - It’s deep fried beer! With cheese dipping sauce! I gotta try that.
- Sweetcorn jalapeno nuggets - Corn, good. Jalapenos, good.
- Sweet potato tater tots - I just really like sweet potatoes.
- Elvis (Deep Fried Peanut Butter Cup in Banana Batter) - Mmmm.
Food on a Stick on My Radar - Find the complete list here. One year, I tried to eat only food on a stick.
- Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas - I get one of these most years. I have no idea why I haven’t just made them at home instead.
- Deep Fried Crab Cakes - I like crab cakes, so why not deep fry them?
- Deep Fried PB & J - I have a feeling this will be my entree of choice. Or maybe my second course.
- Meatballs - I just really like meatballs.
Will Not Be Trying
- Deep fried butter - But I really hope I’m with someone who does try it because I do want to know what it’s like.
- Bacon Sundae (vanilla ice cream, pancake syrup and real bacon bits) - I’ve witnessed guys eating ice cream on top of lasagna before, so I imagine this could be good to some people...but no.
Yearly Must Haves - No matter what else goes down, these will be consumed.
- Deep fried Oreos - Seriously, they taste like Oreo flavored donuts.
- Cookie dough on a stick - OK, it’s a big hunk of peanut butter, sugar, or chocolate chip cookie dough dipped in either chocolate or butterscotch. Oh...em...gee...
What are your favorite fair foods?
Also, having trouble deciding what to wear? Here’s my suggestion.