Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Vacation's Over

I've got a few random outfits for you today. Although I liked the outfits I wore on our Tennessee vacation this weekend, the indoor pictures I managed to take are pretty low quality. I wanted to give you something relatively decent to look at and show off my new purchases from vacay.

This isn't exactly what I wore to work today, though. I had to change my shoes right before I walked out the door because I simultaneously got my heel caught in the heating vent on the floor while trying to upright my tripod after it had fallen over. So now the shoe and the tripod are broken. I'm hoping to get the shoe fixed; the tripod, I'll just replace at some point.

Top: Fred Boutique; Necklace and Bracelet: Gin-o Boutique; Pants: LOFT; Shoes: Vince Camuto

I bought the necklace and one of the bracelets at a cute boutique in Franklin, TN, called Gin-o. It was right next to Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant, where we ate lunch, which was sooooo good. I would definitely go back there. The apple pie I took home was way overpriced, but the meal was very reasonable. I ordered the Puckett’s BBQ chicken sandwich, which was pulled chicken served between corn cakes. They also are very proud of their sweet potato fries dipped in honey mustard. My meal was delicious, and Bridget's grilled PB&J sandwich was tasty, too.

After lunch, we went to a park so that Bridget could run around for a little bit, visited a little vintage candy shop for some ice cream to cool off, and then I quickly ducked into Gin-o while my friend watched the kiddos. (She's not a big shopper and had to nurse her daughter anyway.) Gin-o had a bunch of cute things, and I almost brought three dresses into the dressing rooms to try on, but the last thing I need in my life is more dresses.

The next day while the guys enjoyed Emofest (the reason for the trip), the two of us girls and our daughters headed to the mall so that I could help my friend pick out some stuff to use up the gift cards she had. She ended up with a ton of cute things from both Ann Taylor and LOFT, and I even converted her into a leggings wearer! She was pretty proud of her first pair of leggings, haha. As for me, I tried to be good and only purchased something for myself that was on my need/want list - a pair of skinny, ankle-length pants from LOFT. Unfortunately, they were full price, but what are ya gonna do?

So anyway, here's what I wore to the Emofest family day and shopping on Sunday.

Dress: JCP; Sandals: Target; Necklace: New York & Company


Finally, this is what I wore for the drive home and for Inspiration Monday. As I've mentioned many times before, I'm still scared of printed pants. Printed shorts, on the other hand, I can handle, which is why I decided to go with those.


Top: Target; Shorts: Old Navy; Shoes: Converse

By the way, renting a house is the way to go. Instead of reserving three different hotel rooms, our friends found this gorgeous and spacious property to share for the weekend. The beds left a little to be desired, but otherwise it was perfect. Also, as beautiful as the Nashville area is, I couldn't live in the South. Visiting is fine, but the huge bugs freaked me out. I'll stay in the frozen tundra, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the shoes and tripod. But I love that first outfit! The top is fun, and you look amazing in your new pants!

    ReplyDelete