Sunday, January 27, 2013

SAG Awards Red Carpet Superlatives

I didn't have as many reactions to the fashion at tonight's 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards red carpet as I did during the Golden Globes, but there were a handful of standouts. Let's start off with a few positives:

Most Improved

Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen (source)
After her oddly fitting Golden Globes gown, this was perfection.

Best Surprisingly Edgy Dress

Jane Lynch in David Meister Signature (source)
Um, I kind of love it, and I kind of want it.

Best Dressed Kid

Kiernan Shipka in Oscar de la Renta (source)
I've only watched a handful of episodes of Mad Men, so I'm not terribly familiar with her, but I think she looked adorable and age appropriate.

And now for the not so positives...

Most in Need of a Good Bra

Michelle Dockery in vintage Chado Ralph Rucci (source)
Side boob. That is all.

Julianne Moore in Chanel Haute Couture (source)
Her choices are always hit or miss for me. With a different neckline, this may have worked.

Weirdest Length Dress

Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza (source)
Seriously, how short does this dress make her look?

Worst Hairdo

January Jones in Prabal Gurung (source)
David Bowie? Er...Ziggy Stardust?

Worst Makeup

Claire Danes in Givenchy (source)
I'm not anti dark lip, but the dark lip on her with that weird eye makeup was not a good look.

Worst Accessorizing

Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen (source)
Beautiful dress. It looked plain from far away, but the details are really great. The necklace? Not so much.

Honorable Mention...just because I've included her in all my other red carpet recaps.

Mayim Bialik (source)
She and Kaley both went with lace, but the shape and proportions are just better on Mayim's dress. I like the red color of Kaley's dress slightly better, but as a whole - Mayim.


What do you think? What were some of your favorites or least favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment