Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Books I'm Packing for My Trip


We're headed off to Maine and Ohio for Christmas soon, and I'm hoping to have a lot of downtime for reading with plenty of family around to help entertain Bridget. Here's what I plan to read in order (Warning: nothing intellectual here):
  • One for the Money - My sister-in-law loaned me this book like two years ago, and I still haven't finished it.  I know I started it, but whatever I was using for a bookmark must've fallen out, so I may just have to start over.  Since there's a movie coming out, I figured I'd better finish it sometime soon.
  • The Magic Christmas - I used to read this book every Christmas since I was 12 probably, but I skipped the last few years.  I'd like to get back into reading it every year.  It's just that good...at least I think so.
  • Sweet Valley Confidential - Another reason I'm reading the Sweet Valley Twins book before this one is so that I can get a refresher on the characters.  I have not heard great things about this book, but I think it's still a must read for Sweet Valley fans.
  • Modelland - After seeing Tyra's motion campaign or whatever it's called on America's Next Top Model this cycle, I'm even more curious to get into this book.  It's probably going to be super cheesy.  I just hope the whole thing doesn't read like the introduction and say "dahling" ever other sentence.
Then, when I finish those four, I can start The Hunger Games.

5 comments:

  1. The Magic Christmas sounds like fun. I just finished The Hunger Games series not that long ago and loved them.. can't wait for the movie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how adamant I am that you read The Hunger Games! :) I hope you enjoy your books (and your Christmas!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how adamant I am that you read The Hunger Games! :) I hope you enjoy your books (and your Christmas!)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modelland! Oh goodness. I actually kind of want to read it but I got judged by my coworkers so hard for reading Snooki's thinly veiled novel that I should probably wait a little longer before I move on to Tyra's thinly veiled novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sweet Valley Confidential" just wasn't that good. I was so excited to read it and I was very disappointed. One of the characters didn't even have a consistent storyline [no spoilers, I promise, it's a minor character].

    ReplyDelete