Friday, December 16, 2011

FBFF Christmas Survey

Source: imdb.com via Rebekah on Pinterest


No holiday party is complete without: music

My favorite Christmas song/album: My favorite Christmas album would have to be Hanson "Snowed In."

My favorite seasonal recipe: Hmmm, I don't know. I guess I don't usually cook for Christmas.

The perfect New Year's Eve outfit includes: sparkle

At the parties, I'll be drinking: something with champagne/sparkling wine. My husband's family does mimosas on Christmas morning, and then I'm sure I'll have champagne on New Year's Eve too.

Eggnog, good or bad? Bad.

Did you ever take pictures on Santa's lap at the mall? Not that I can remember, or that I've seen pictures of.

Gingerbread Latte or Peppermint Mocha: Gingerbread latte. I don't like mint with chocolate.

Worst gift I ever got: My aunt and uncle played a practical joke on me one year and gave me a really ugly outfit just to see how I'd react. This had to have been at least 10 years ago. Since I don't like practical jokes at all although I think I handled it well, that'd probably be the worst.

Best gift I ever received: Is it cheesy to say my daughter since she was a December baby?

My family has this weird tradition: I can't think of any weird ones, but my husband's family has very specific Christmas traditions. On Christmas Eve, we all get pajamas for a present, which we wear that night. Then, on Christmas day, my father-in-law blasts Christmas music at like 5 in the morning. We all sleepily congregate to open the presents in our stockings with the extended family. Then we drink mimosas.

My best bargain find for a gift this year: I was pretty excited to get some shopping done at Costco for Bridget. Toys seem to be a lot more reasonably priced there.

If I could only buy all my gifts from one place, I'd shop at: Target

Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman: Rudolph I s'pose.

My favorite holiday memory: When my dad's mom was alive, she seriously bought us everything on our list (stay with me, that's not the only reason it's my favorite memory). My brother and I and our two younger cousins would head to her living room, organize the ginormous pile of presents into piles for each person. Then, and I loved this part the most, when it was time to open, the whole family opened at the same time shouting "thank you"s and holding up gifts as we went. It's not the huge pile of presents that was so special, but I really enjoyed the laidbackness and excitement of it all.

My favorite Christmas movie: Love Actually. Cry like a baby EVERY TIME.

The best part about holiday decorations is: the smell of pine?

Rip off the wrapping paper or neatly pull off the tape: Rip!

Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life: Eh

It doesn't feel like the holiday season until: December, for crying out loud.

All I want for Christmas is: for the long drive there and back to go quickly and easily

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment