Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Fun - Tubing and a Concert

I didn't do much of anything on Saturday since my cold had pretty much wiped me out, but I did get dressed for Inspiration Monday.


Cardigan: Target; Jeans: Kut; Boots: Boston Store

Sunday, I felt a little better and ready for a day of fun. First, I met up with my friend E for tubing at Sunburst Ski Area in Kewaskum. With the weather being so nice and sunny, it was a pretty crowded day according to E, who had been there a couple times before, but we were still able to enjoy plenty of tubing on both of their tubing hills (one is steeper than the other). We also randomly ran into her sister-in-law, 5-year-old nephew, and two of their friends, so we closed out our day linking our tubes together and making trains of three of four, which helped us fly down the hill even faster. I'm looking forward to possibly taking Bridget there next year to see if she likes it. Hopefully she will because I thought the admission was a little steep at $16 a person for 2 hours or $20 a person for 3 hours.

After that, I went home and watched a couple episodes of Desperate Housewives since E mentioned it and reminded me I still hadn't finished the series, and then I got ready to go to the Pentatonix concert at the Pabst.

This was the first concert I've ever attended alone. I've sat by myself at concerts before, and I've driven to concerts alone plenty of times, but I've never done the whole experience alone. Since I didn't think I knew anyone who watched The Sing Off, the show Pentatonix was on and won last year, I decided to go for it and check out their show solo. It was a little weird at first, sitting fourth row between two people I didn't know; but once the concert began, it wasn't too bad.

Here's what I wore.

Top and Tank Top: Kohl's; Cardigan: Old Navy; Jeans: Kut; Boots: Mr. Shoe;
Bag: Christian Siriano for Payless


Tried out some teal eyeshadow for the show.

And here are some shots from the show.




There were some amusing moments throughout the show, but the best was when they invited a fan up on stage and sang "Let's Get It On" to her. The fan was a total ham, and I mean that in a good way. I don't know if she was faking her enthusiasm or not, but it made for good entertainment.


So yeah, it was a really good show. When I was telling my husband about it, even he the concert hater sounded interested as I described the part of the set where the (normally a capella) group brought out a cello that one of the members played WHILE he beatboxed. Pretty amazing.

3 comments:

  1. you look so cold in that snow picture
    nice interpretation of the duff's look
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without the sickies, sound like you had a pretty fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all of your outfits in this post. the concert shirt is so pretty on you. kudos for going alone. many people wouldn't do it...but why not? i hope it was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete