Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Er yeah, we're the same height. I only wish this was our
height difference, haha. I'm actually sitting down in this pic.

Today is my husband's 33rd birthday, so I wanted to try to wear a dress he would appreciate. The first dress I had in mind was the blue lace Anthro one from this post, but after trying it on with four different blazers, it looked better suited for Easter. Instead, I went with my Jason Wu for Target dress because my husband commented that he liked it once before when I wore it. Nevermind that he hates the bracelet I decided to wear today...

Here is the Inspiration Monday photo for this week:


And my cold-weather interpretation:

Dress: Jason Wu for Target; Blazer: J.Crew; Tights: Old Navy; Boots: Kohl's; Belt: New York & Company; Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs



Not that these can be found in stores in March, but just in case, I do not recommend buying Old Navy sweater tights. Old Navy's regular tights are super comfortable, and I'm a big fan, but these sweater tights are just weird. I've already thrown out one pair, and these are next. One of the legs is less stretchy than the other, and they tend to sag throughout the day. It's too bad because they're cute, but I'll have to try another brand next time around.

While I styled this outfit more appropriately for winter today, this inspiration photo reminded me of an outfit I wore in August so much so that I wanted to include it, too.


2 comments:

  1. I have sweater tights from H&M that I love. I've wore them several times and I haven't gotten any holes in them (I'm the kind of person who always seems to get a hole in my tights the first time I wear them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! Love your yellow jacket. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! XX

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete