Wednesday, July 25, 2012

98 Degrees

Dress: Target; Scarf: H&M; Shoes: Kohl's; Sunglasses: Express; Watch: NY&Co; Bag; MICHAEL Michael Kors via T.J.Maxx


Not only was 98 degrees the temperature today, it's also the boyband who announced that they're reuniting for a "Today Show" appearance and working on a new album!

Source

I actually met 98 Degrees back in '98 when I was 15 after winning a meet & greet from a radio station. It was quick and slightly awkward, and I was extremely awkward looking, but it was still pretty awesome. I found my experience from that night saved in my email, and it's worth a read (at least I was amused). But it's long, so here an excerpt from the actual meet & greet part:
First in line was Jeff. The first thing I noticed about Jeff was that he had a very smooth shoulder. Don’t ask. That’s just what I noticed. The girl in front of me was getting a page in her notebook signed. When she gave it to Jeff, he looked at it funny before he signed it. After her, I handed Jeff my CD cover. He asked me my name, and I said "Rebekah." ... Jeff was like "I knew a girl named Rebecca." He continued to mumble about this girl for a second. The only part I heard was "...sweet little Rebecca." I giggled quietly. He began singing then as he passed the CD cover to Drew. He did that a lot. Just start singing spontaneously. I waited a moment, knowing that he was shaking the people’s hands, too. And that he did! Wow. I’m just glad my hand wasn’t sweaty. He kept eye contact with me the whole time as he shook my hand and asked me my name and everything. I vaguely thought that he was shorter than I.
Next came Drew. He signed his name, passing it to Justin. I gazed into Drew’s eyes staring back at me, this time noting that he was definitely shorter than I. He still wore his backwards black baseball cap.
And then Justin. I was the most nervous with Justin although he was so nice. A girl in front of me gave a stuffed animal to Justin. He thanked her. That was when I noticed the envelope in my hand. I handed it to him, saying "Here. There’s some stuff in there for you and my friend’s CD and resume." He took the envelope, placing it behind him and said, "Cool, thanks." I shook his hand and moved right on to Nick.
I don’t know why, but I totally spaced out when I got to Nick. I don’t remember what either of us said or did. I probably was still thinking about that envelope. But I know he signed the CD cover, and we shook hands. I took the cover from him, getting the wet permanent ink on my thumb in the process. I didn’t notice that until I got home, though.
Everything and everyone in the room just disappeared from my mind and eyes during that short time with 98°. And I wasn’t even close to hyperventilating. I was calm and shy, but I’m always shy, so that’s no big deal. It was easy to forget that they were famous because when you’re in the moment, that’s not what you’re thinking about.

That's me allllll the way on the end on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment