Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sweet Tart

Shirt: J.Crew Factory; Skirt: NY&Co; Shoes: MICHAEL Michael Kors; Necklace: ?; Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs


In these pictures, I'm wearing my third Revlon Lip Butter shade, Sweet Tart, which I bought yesterday. My excuse was that I didn't have a pink one yet, so hopefully I can be done now... This particular shade is a little more 80s Barbie pink than I anticipated, but I still like it for something different. It doesn't look nearly as scary in these pictures either. My face looks weird to me here, though, because I should've been wearing sunglasses, and I normally don't smile sans teeth. Also, pardon my halfway dried, somewhat messy hair.

Several bloggers have done outfits very similar to this, so I have to give credit in general where credit is due. I wouldn't have thought of pairing a gingham shirt (or even buying one) with a pencil skirt (again, or even buying one) myself.

I used to scoff at those that said pencil skirts are a classic must-have for every woman; and until this year, I didn't own any. Well, color me converted. Nerdy fun fact: for a time at my old job, a few friends and I would have an "idiom of the day" that we would look up the meaning for and try to use in regular conversation. "Color me" + adjective never came up, but that would've been a good one.

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! A pencil skirt looks great on your figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pencil skirt looks good. Is the Revlon Lip Butter good stuff? I need some new colors but don't want to shell out $30 for YSL every time. Because I'm cheap. I'll admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink pout on you!!! Greta look dressing up the button down with the pencil skirt...definitely should be a staple in every women's closet!

    ReplyDelete