1. A watch. I've loved watches forever, and I even have video evidence of my 16-year-old self professing my love for watches...and yo-yos. Fun fact (or not). I have to restrain myself from buying more of them. I have four at the moment, but I think I need a new casual one for my Disney trip next month. The cheapo Target one I wore to Orlando last year broke.
2. Giant handbag. I don't know how people can function with small purses. I can do a smaller bag for shopping, or a smaller bag inside a tote or a diaper bag; but for everyday, it's gotta be huge.
3. Ballet flats. There was a time not so long ago when cute low-heeled shoes could not be found. Since they've become popular, ballet flats are another thing I have to resist buying in every color and style whenever I see them.
4. Cardigans. This was starting to look like a big Michael Kors advertisement, so let's move onto something else. Cardigans. Are they the most fashionable thing? Maybe not, but they're definitely a must-have for my business casual attire. Since I wear cardigans so frequently, I don't feel bad about having one in every color. Two of every neutral color even. Come to think of it, the only color I don't have is orange. I may have to remedy that.
5. Anything Yellow. It's my favorite color, and frankly, I think I could use more of it. I tend to hold back because I don't want to look like a crazy lady who only wears yellow. Although I have considered it because that would make an excellent topic for a new blog.
Scarves and blazers narrowly missed the cut.
1. EOS lip balm. I used to be a loyal Carmex user, but I've recently moved onto EOS. It's fun to use, and the spherical shape sometimes acts as a conversation starter when I pull it out.
2. Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets. I think I've been using these off an on for at least 5 years, but I wish I knew about them in high school. They are the most essential thing ever for people who get shiny throughout the day.
3. Mask. An anecdote for you. Last summer, I volunteered to participate in a little runway show for a sustainability fair type thing. The Mary Kay lady who was doing our makeup kind of crinkled her nose and was like, “Do you use a mask? You should.” Yikes. Right after that, I bought an exfoliating scrub, but I didn't get around to buying a mask until I had a facial a few months ago. Now I use the blackhead eliminating cleanser mask as a mask once a week. It's a step in the right direction at least. Next, I need to be more diligent about removing my makeup at night.
4. Dry shampoo. For awhile, I didn't get the concept of not washing my hair every day. I'd be a greaseball if I skipped a day. That was until I finally gave in and tried dry shampoo. I don't have a favorite brand yet, but so far, I've tried Batiste, Suave, and TRESemmé with similar results.
5. Revlon Lip Butter. These are my new favorite lip colors because they're not sticky like a gloss, and they don't dry out my lips like lip stains and most lipsticks. The colors I have are Tutti Frutti (coral) and Cherry Tart (red). I just turned my friend onto these last week, and I think the one she bought was Brown Sugar, which is a really great sheer, shimmery shade. From the reviews I've read, these do not give you long-lasting color, but for me, the positives outweigh the negative.