Saturday, April 13, 2013

How to Wear a Graphic T-shirt

...But not in a grunge way. That should be the subtitle of this post. Grunge is cool and all, but it's not really my style. I was a little young to participate fully in the grunge movement the first time around, but that didn't stop me from borrowing a plaid flannel shirt of my dad's and wearing it all the time in the late 90s.

I really like the idea of dressing up a band tee, but I don't often get the opportunity to try it out. When I think of wearing a T-shirt, I default to jeans and sneakers or sandals; this time, I wanted to branch out and funk (funk...I said funk) it up a bit. First, I took to Pinterest to get some inspiration.

With a jacket

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

With a skirt

Sources: 1, 2, 3&4, 5, 6

Upon Googling the topic, I also found great suggestions in an article on CollegeFashion.net. Today, I went with the blazer + band tee look:

Blazer: Gap; T-shirt: Miggs show; Jeans: Kut; Boots: Madden Girl; Necklace: Etsy;
Bracelet: Pandora; Sunglasses: Target


Here's how Bridget styled her Beatles T-shirt. She actually picked this outfit out herself entirely except for the tights, which I helped her with.

Entire Outfit: Gifted by the in-laws; Tights: Target

7 comments:

  1. Thank you. I needed this - statement tee for non-models. Not that you're not a model, or me (well, I'm not) but you know what I mean. I'm gonna stop talking and pin this now and will copy and link back as soon as VV Boutique provides me with a cool statement tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mixing it up with graphic tees and your look is awesome. The pops of color are really playful and striking yet the blazer, boots, and pendant necklace keep it sleek and cool. Perfection!

    I replied to your comment on my last post but, just in case you don't get a chance to pop back over my email is nmettille@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! It's a great reminder for me to get some colored blazers. I really need to mix things up with my current boring black ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pose in the first picture; it is tough to pose while still looking casual, and I think you nailed it. Cute outfit too :).

    ReplyDelete