Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So About That Shopping Ban

Skirt: Target; Top: Old Navy; Cardigan: Target; Shoes: Payless; Bracelet: Kate Spade



A few things about this outfit:
  • I just bought this skirt for under $7 at Target although I'm supposed to be on a shopping ban. I'm now considering my "ban" as more like a "cutback." 
  • I also bought a top (that happens to be the perfect shade of African Violet) to go with it from New York & Company after seeing it on H&K Style Journey, but that's not getting here until tomorrow. I kind of hope it doesn't work so that I can return it and not feel guilty because I don't really feel as guilty as I should about buying the $7 skirt.
  • This skirt is kind of hard to walk in. I'm not used to such pencil-y pencil skirts. 
  • It also rotates slightly when I walk, but I have that problem with most skirts. I think I must walk crookedly or something.
But besides all the guilt and difficulty walking, I really liked this outfit! Purple is one of my favorite colors to wear, so I was excited about African Violet day. And I'm even more excited for Lemon Zest day tomorrow!

Bridget also wore violet pants today.

7 comments:

  1. oh man, i was at target today and tried on this under $7 skirt but wasn't sure how i felt about the print only being on the front. is that weird? after seeing it on you i like it about 100x more. and it works so perfectly for today's color of african violet! thanks so much for linking up with us today (and convincing me that i need to go back to target and buy this skirt).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that $7 well-spent! That is a gorgeous skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this skirt on Target clearance as well! You look great. I also can't wait to see what you've come up with for tomorrow's Lemon Zest! Thanks for joining :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your skirt--but as a dress--the other day at Target. I forget the price but it was marked down quite a bit. I love the print! The dress caught my eye and I debated about trying it on, but I decided against it. I think I might like it better as a skirt, actually.

    P.S. Bridget is growing up so fast!

    P.P.S. Good luck finding something to wear for your Lemon Zest theme tomorrow. I know how much you hate yellow! (Kidding, obviously.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty combination - the print on your skirt is so interesting! At just $7, I probably would have caved and bought the skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about getting that skirt when it was full price, but I don't wear skirts often to justify it; I could justify it for $7 though!

    I laughed when you said "I kind of hope it doesn't work so that I can return it and not feel guilty." I recently just said the same thing to my boyfriend about a dress I ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This skirt was $7?? I think all the good clearance stuff gets snatched up fast at the Targets near me. Sad. Because I love this skirt on you!

    P.S. Found you via the link-up.

    ReplyDelete