Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Series: Dressed by

Since my last reader-participation blog series went so well, I was thinking about doing another one. My idea is to have different people in my life, like friends, family, and bloggers, pick out outfits for me. Then I of course would wear the outfit on a day where it's appropriate (jeans for weekends, work clothes for work), take a picture, and give that person credit when I blog about it. I thought it might be a fun social experiment to see how others view my style. Plus, I enjoy dressing other people, so I thought it might be fun for others to turn the tables on me.

A couple of my friends and a handful of bloggers have already sent me inspiration pictures to go off of, and my mom offered to take me shopping to pick out an outfit for me. (I'm excited and scared at the same time...)

The first idea came from my friend Lindsey.

Source

I don't have a striped sweater like that, so I was debating between a striped short-sleeve sequin sweater from J.Crew and a Jones New York purple sweater.

Sorry about the dirty mirror.

Peep-toe shoes didn't really seem like an option since it was still snowing out, so I wore my favorite heels instead with a pair of cords to make it work appropriate. The skinny cords were a little casual, but I justified it because I wore this on a Friday. Since the pants were pushing the work-appropriate lines enough, I went with the simpler sweater.

Sweater: Jones New York (gift); Shirt: New York & Company;
Cords: Old Navy; Shoes: Vince Camuto; Necklace: Etsy


If any of you have any outfit ideas for me, I'd love to hear them. You can email me at mixedupbek@gmail.com. Maybe sometime this week, I'll set up a web form to make submitting ideas easier. As of right now, I'm planning on doing these weekly on Tuesdays or maybe biweekly until I run out of submissions.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new blog look!! Great styling with the short sleeved sequins with the button up. I think this new series is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Randi! It's actually making me frustrated because I tried to make the background image more transparent and less in your face, but blogger refuses to cooperate. Oh well, I think it's at least an improvement from before!

      I'm looking forward to seeing how this blog series pans out. I'm glad it's getting good reception so far!

      Delete
  2. I think you absolutely nailed this with the second look. It's a great suggestion and a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete