Monday, May 30, 2011

Guest Post by Ginger Girl: It's Summertime

While I'm on vacation in Orlando, I've invited a few local style and mommy bloggers to tell you about what they're looking forward to this summer. Here is Pamela from Ginger Girl.

I was so flattered that Rebekah asked me to provide a guest post while she’s away enjoying the Memorial Day Weekend. It was exciting to find a fellow SE Wisconsin blogger and one with such a creative sense of style. I feel like I found a new friend. Thanks for including me, Rebekah!

So, this past weekend, I was thinking about different post ideas while I was sitting out on my deck enjoying the first real sun of the season. The smell of my SPF 60 (yes, I am a fair skinned red head that burns at the mere thought of the sun) combined with a Kenny Chesney song instantly put me in the mood for summertime activities and I instantly thought about all the good times we have planned this summer. Sure, Milwaukee may be known for being a “brew city” but it’s also the city of festivals. Whether it’s Polish fest, Summerfest, or Tosa Fest, there’s something happening every weekend of the summer. I love listening to live music, eating fried foods, and people watching. After a few hit and misses in the oufit detail, I think I’ve finally got it down pat. And while I’ve got nothing against a sassy high heel, every shoe has its place. And, in my opinion, a 4” pump doesn’t belong at a fair. Instead, here’s what I’m sporting:


it's summertime


Sunscreen is a must. I love La Roche Posay sunscreen products for my body and face. Seriously, I do wear SPF 60 on my face and this brand has never led to a break out. A bit pricey, yes, but it’s worth it.

I picked up this cute Eugenia Kim for Target fedora last year and have already worn it a couple times this season. Not only does it provide additional sunblock for the face and hair, but it’s stylish to boot!

I found a suspiciously similar pair of nude semi-cat eye sunglasses at Forever 21. I’m an accessories addict, so when a pair of sunglasses is less than $6, I usually buy a few. Especially when worn with the hat, you can totally check out everyone in the crowd without being obvious. Love it.

As I mentioned previously, I can’t see wearing uber high heels to a concert or festival when I know I will be on my feet for hours. An espadrille is the perfect answer to that problem. You can still get some length in your legs but have the comfort of a springy wedge. For this type of occasion, I tend to stay away from a wooden wedge and opt for the more ropey cushioned variation. I’ve walked many a mile in my espadrilles.

A purse with a crossbody strap is just perfect for a festival. Nothing like being hands free to carry around your cold beverage of choice and a basket of cheese curds (it’s a Wisconsin thing, trust me). My Rebecca Minkoff clutch is the perfect size for holding my iphone, ID and cash. I love the bag in the pop of color orange. Perfect.

The shorts and top can be switched out to a tank or jersey dress. My above listed accessories will pretty much be the same. So, if you’re at Lambeau Field on June 11 and you see a redhead walking around sporting this look, come over and say hi. It will be me.

How about you. Do you have any style tips for navigating the summer concert scene?

If you want to know more about me and what I’m up to, be sure to follow me on Twitter @gingergirl4242!

No comments:

Post a Comment