Monday, April 4, 2011

Thank Goodness for Daycare and Wine

Photo Source: Cedar Creek Winery

Wowwww, I think everyone in the household was relieved that it was a daycare day today. Yesterday was rough. It must've been the weather because I heard at least one other baby wasn't very happy yesterday either.

We did our taxes in the morning, which put Nate in a bad mood right off the bat.  Luckily, during that Bridget was very well-behaved and intently watched Princess and the Frog on Netflix.  For the rest of the day, though, she alternated eating, rubbing her eyes, and screaming, but not really sleeping at all.  I think she had two twenty minute naps all day.  Nate and I took turns taking care of her; but by the end of the night, Nate was at his breaking point.  Not only did he have to deal with taxes and his screaming kid, but work had been calling him all day to deal with stupid stuff.  He was in awe of my patience with Bridget by the end of the night, but honestly, I couldn't have done it without him relieving me every so often.

Compared to yesterday, Friday and Saturday were a breeze. After work Friday, I met up with a couple of my friends from college for some shopping. Although we didn't have many purchases, it was fun and relaxing just hanging out, window shopping, and chatting.

Saturday, I started off the day cleaning the house since Nate was having friends over starting at nine o'clock for a nerdy gaming day. After that, I got Bridget and myself ready to head off to a friend's baby shower. It wasn't until I got to Target to buy a gift that I realized the baby shower was at noon, and it was already 11:30, and the location was at least a half hour away. Needless to say, I was late for that.

It was fun to see my friend's pregnant belly, and it was also fun to see all the other babies at the shower. There were three babies at our table alone and one toddler also in attendance. The food was excellent, and I definitely ate too much of it. When I was finished, I noticed I dropped some chocolate from one of the desserts on my lap, and it ended up all over one of Bridget's pant legs. Whoops. She ended up spending most of the shower pantless.

I'm finding with Weight Watchers that I tend to waste all my points early in the day. Which isn't really that bad of a thing because better to eat a lot of junk in the morning than after eight o'clock at night. On both Saturday and Sunday, I had pretty much no points left by dinner time. Saturday, I had fruit and a pickle for dinner; and Sunday, I had a half a cup of pasta. That's it. Seems to be working out OK, though, because I've lost 11.5 pounds since I started back up on January 31. (It should be noted also that I took a two-week hiatus in the middle of February when Nate's family was over.) It's kind of neat, but I still have such a long way to go.

When Nate's buddies were over, I was bummed I couldn't drink with them even though I wasn't actually hanging out with them. I tells ya, alcohol really does rake in the points. Sunday, I indulged in one glass of wine since it was such a rough day, but that was all I could afford with my lack of points. That one glass sure did help, though! We only had either really fruity and sweet Maine wine (from Bartlett Maine Estate Winery, where they know Nate by name) or strawberry Wisconsin wine (from Cedar Creek Winery) in the house, so I went with the local stuff. The dessert wine from Maine is way too sweet and syrupy for my taste.

Anyway, after a bit of sleep and an extremely delicious and satisfying cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks, I'm optimistic and energized for the week.  My mom wants to visit tomorrow night, so I'm hoping Nate and I can get away for a dinner date.  Then Wednesday, Sabreen and I are planning to get together for some ANTM watching and vlogging.  The rest of the week and weekend, I have nothing planned, and I'm looking forward to some relaxing if the baby lets us!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Bridget slept well for you last night. After I finally got her to bed at 9, normal bedtime is 7 she slept through the night, but was up with the birds this morning. Thank goodness for at least 2 nice days this week where I can get her out of the house and take her to the park.

    11.5 pounds is amazing WAY TO GO! Your doing such a great job! I have the opposite problem with points I can never seem to get all of them in. I always end up with a bunch left over at the end of the day and find myself trying to figure out what to eat. If I don't eat at least my dailies I don't lose weight. I tend to eat tons of veggies through out the day though so that could be why. In any case great job.

    Hopefully the week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete