|All images are from Just Jared and InStyle. I picked that Kim Kardashian photo because I couldn't believe she was wearing a skirt just like the one I wore the other day!|
- Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? I would love my wardrobe to be a mixture of Anne Hathaway, Blake Lively, Kate Walsh, Zooey Deschanel (I have a feeling she will come up a lot for this question), and a sprinkle of Kim Kardashian (but less black). And more recently, Kate Middleton.
- When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? It used to be fashion magazines, fashon-centric TV shows, or maybe even mannequins in stores; but more these days, it's style blogs and TV.
The kinds of things I gravitate toward are either really girly and frilly, or polished and sleek. That's not what style I dress in every day, but those are the styles that catch my eye. I think I'm a little bit eclectic/erratic in my tastes--the only thing that doesn't really appeal to me is the real tough looks with leather and studs and stuff. I don't think I'm a very tough looking person.
- How do you hope to inspire your readers? As a mom in the Midwest, I'd like to show people that it's fun to play with trends every once in awhile and that it doesn't have to be scary or expensive.
- Outside the realm of fashion, who/what inspires you? Since I was young, I wanted to be a published author. I am in awe of people who can actually finish a story and take the next steps toward getting it out there. I'm especially inspired by fantasy stories because that's the kind of novel I want to write.
Kind of funny story actually. I had Nickelodeon on the other day for my daughter to watch, and there was a Barbie movie about fairies on. I totally got caught up in the plot and was almost inspired to pull out my laptop and start working right then and there. I didn't, though, as I was busy cleaning the house. Missed opportunity.
- And since Idol is ending... Which songs inspire you? Umm..."You're The Inspiration" by Chicago? I couldn't think of any.