Friday, March 4, 2011

Favorite Beauty Products

My awesomest (if that were a word) beauty look from when I was a giraffe in my friend's cosmetology school fashion show

Get in on the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) action.

  1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product? I don't spend a lot of money on makeup, so I can't name a higher-end product I like.  As far as drug store makeup, probably Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss.  I don't know if that link is the exact type of Neutrogena lip gloss I have, but I've bought a lot of lip products in my life and hated them all.  That lip gloss and my Bare Escentuals Buxom lip gloss are the only ones I've consistently used.

  2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without? Carmex.  It's the only thing I wear every day of my life, no matter what I'm doing.  I'll sometimes go days without makeup, but I won't go days without lip balm.

  3. What's the best hair product you've ever used? As low maintenance as I am with my makeup, I'm even lower maintenance with my hair.  I have tried a variety of volumizing products on my hair, though.  I don't know that any of them really work, but I s'pose I did kind of like using the Big Sexy Hair products.

  4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that? Tiger stripes in my hair in 2003.  I don't blame my friend who put the blond streaks in my hair because it actually didn't look bad, and a lot of people were doing it at the time.  Except for maybe the one big chunk of blond by my ear that we called my skunk, haha.  Up until then, though, I had never colored my hair, so I do kinda regret starting.  Especially since I did it for a guy who I thought liked blondes (who later married a brunette, haha).  It got worse when I dyed my hair all blond a few weeks later.  Does color from a box ever turn out the way you want it to?  Every time I color my hair now (professionally only!), I kinda wish it was back to its natural color.

  5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? Purple eye shadow?  For probably a year straight, I always wore purple eye shadow with either black or brown liner, depending on my outfit.  Recently, I switched to like an apricot color on my lids, and I just don't feel like me when I wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment