|We kind of matched today with our gray shirts and green tights/pants.|
- Being concerned about jaywalking and walking all the way to the corner to cross the street. There was a cop nearby, but come on. It's St. Paddy's Day. He's looking for drunks, not people in business attire getting their morning coffee.
- What my evening has in store for me: it's my turn to pick up dog poop, and the snow just recently melted, so it's going to be a mess.
- Randomly saying hi to someone as I'm walking by his desk, then he abruptly turns back around, so I mumble something and scurry off. Really any unplanned encounter generally sends me into awkward mode.
- Almost awkward: nearly angering the Irish by spelling it "St. Patty's" until I saw Paddy, Not Patty. After reading that, I went through this post again and corrected my mistakes. It looks wrong to me, but I don't make the rules--I just follow them. Probably should've just stuck with St. Patrick's and called it a day.
- Tugging at my skirt throughout the day because I keep thinking it's a little too short.
- Tripping in the infant room at daycare. Luckily, I wasn't holding my daughter at the time, and I didn't actually fall.
- My husband dropping two different forks on the floor when he was trying to get dinner ready.
- Green tights. At least today. Any other day, I feel too out of place wearing colored tights to work.
- The Tripel Karmeliet beer I bought tonight. It's probably my favorite beer although it's Belgian, not Irish.
- Irish accents. The morning show I listen to was broadcasting from the Jameson Distillery in Dublin today, so they were talking to someone who works there.
- Obviously, the warm weather we've been having. I think it's going to be back in the 40s tomorrow, though. Lame.
- Doing a model walk down the hall when there's nobody around. Also, posing in the bathroom mirror. Either of which could quickly turn awkward.
- Enjoying samples at a grocery store. And then buying something as a result of trying a sample (which is how my Irish Stout cheese purchase came to be).
- Noticing someone else having an awkward moment, like a lady at the grocery store accidentally ramming her cart into the checkout lane.