Friday, March 11, 2011

Time Is on My Side, Yes It Is (except it's not)


Spending some quality time with the pooch and baby
 Get in on the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) action.

  1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?  Blogging falls shortly after working, at the same level as watching TV, and sometimes before sleeping if I'm trying to finish something up.  I think it goes without saying that spending time with family and friends comes first. My husband may say otherwise, but really the only time I blog when he's around is when he's busy watching one of his shows. So there. Heh.
  2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?  I do most of my blogging at work.  That may sound bad, but as an editor, I'm staring at a computer screen all day, reading some pretty heavy material, so sometimes I need a break.
  3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?  I've tried scheduling posts, but for some reason, it's never really worked for me. 
  4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?  The only things I do on a regular basis are these FBFF posts and my weekly America's Next Top Model vlogs.  We get the FBFF topics ahead of time, so those are easy to plan for and work on throughout the week.  The vlog is by far the most time-consuming post, but it's also something I can't work on ahead of time.  I don't write about anything else consistently.  I'll post an outfit if the mood strikes, or I'll write about some show I watched, or I'll brag about my cute daughter (or lament about her not sleeping enough).
  5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? I would network more with both mom bloggers and style bloggers and try to get more artsy with my photography.  Although I used to be in the web design field, I don't really have any desire to create my own blog design, but I would probably somehow acquire a more personalized look to my blog as well.  I would also take the time to find more of a voice and an identity.  Uniqueness is what makes a blog special, and it's something I need to discover and settle into as I keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment