Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Time to Distract You with My Polka Dots

Cardigan: Target; T-shirt: Target, Pants: New York & Company; Scarf: Last year's Ladies Night Out event; Belt: Luci Boutique
I'm trying to distract you from my sleepy, non-made-up face with my polka dot cardigan and bright pink scarf.  I've been sick the last two days, but Everybody Everywear's Polka Dot day at least made me a little excited to get dressed this morning. I would've waited until I got home to take these pictures, but I wasn't sure if I'd have time, so I give you my bathroom at work.  I am one classy individual, I know.

When I decided I wanted to participate in the Polka Dot theme, I quickly realized that I don't actually own any polka dotted items of clothing.  I have one headband, which I haven't worn in years, and one pair of socks, which I actually am wearing under my boots today.  Target to save the day!  I found this cardigan on clearance for $5.  Woohoo! 



I get that the scarf doesn't exactly go with the cardigan, but I have a good reason for that.  I got this scarf last year at a ladies night shopping event in the cute Wisconsin town I call home.  Tonight is the third annual ladies night event, so I wanted to wear the scarf since I'm going again this year.  Plus, I kinda liked how it created a faux tie blouse look.  By the time I got to work, I did take the scarf off right before I walked into the building.  I get self-conscious if I wear more than one color at work because I feel as if I stick out way too much then.  Here's how I actually wore the outfit today.



Come to think of it, I'm not sure I like the belt with this either, so I'm gonna take that off, too.  I'll put the scarf on again after work and change into jeans for my night out.

11 comments:

  1. your polka dots are great! i need more winter/fall ones myself.

    mattersofmerrymaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your polka dot cardigan and I'm so envious that it was a mere $5! I actually liked the belt with the cardigan - what do you not like about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't put my finger on what I didn't like about the belt with the cardigan. Maybe if it was either a wider or narrower belt. Anyway, I didn't really like the outfit when I took the scarf and belt off either, so I think I'm just being too picky today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and I was going to get the purple one also but decide to go with the black one. I love how you paired it with the scarf as well as the belt. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent polka dots! I love the polka dots with teh patterned scarf - I think it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about sticking out. I think you lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that cardigan! I'm mega jealous right now, really wishing we had Target in Canada now ;) Cute post! Found your adorable blog via EBEW !

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cardigan! I saw it at Target too and didn't buy it, but now I regret it!

    www.candidclassic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ROCK those dots Girl! :) Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cardigan is so cute! The belt is really awesome ,too, and it gives the outfit such a great touch! Thanks so much for your comment! I'm glad to find someone else who loves Divya's style! I'm so obsessed with it! It's my idea of the perfect summer style. Boho but polished! I'd be so sad if she left!

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete