Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pictures from Camping






Every year, hubs gets together with a group of his college buddies for a camping weekend.  I've been to the last four, I think, and they're always a good time...if the weather cooperates.  This year, hubs and I planned ahead and booked a hotel to sleep in.  Good thing, too, because night #1 was pretty hot, and night #2 was ridiculously stormy and wet. 

Saturday, for the most part, was gorgeous, and we spent much of the day on the boat.  (The baby in the middle picture is one of the other couple's adorable 10-month-old little girl.) When the downpour started, we took refuge on the picnic table, which was under a tent thing.  The second to last picture is hubs and one of the guys standing up on the picnic table bench under the tent to stay out of the spraying rain.  The last picture is one of the guys keeping the fire going during the storm, and he succeeded! 

Next year, we decided to get a cabin or house or something, so I'm already looking forward to it!

6 comments:

  1. Camping is so fun! We go every 4th of July holiday. It is a bummer when it rains though. At least you thought ahead and got a hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collage looks great. Sounds like a nice time regardless of the weather.
    When our kids are a bit older we want to start family camping trips with other friends. I used love camping.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Now, I'm not a camper by nature. I prefer to stay in a cabin or something with a real floor ;) We are going to Tomahawk next month (actually, just in a few weeks) and staying at a cabin on the lake. I can't wait!!! Unfortunately, we won't be boating. I'm jealous, your time on the boat looked nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I haven't been on a boat in forever and your trip looks like the perfect summer activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the collage! I am absolutely not a camper, though I've always envied those that do and enjoy it! I just can't wrap my head around the lack of amenities and... bugs. ha! Glad to see you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to go camping too.. I never did that!

    ReplyDelete