Friday, July 22, 2011

My Upcoming Concert Lineup

Going to concerts is one of my favorite things to do.  I feel like I'm not a true fan of a band or musician until I've seen them in concert.  There's nothing like seeing a band perform their music live while singing at the top of my lungs and feeling the energy of my fellow fans, especially if I happen to have really good seats.  I am excited to have some great concerts coming up!

  1. American Idol Tour - We have pretty good seats for this one, so it should be a fun show.  If you're a concert going type person, I highly recommend buying your tickets at the box office instead of Ticketmaster whenever possible.  I've done that now for two American Idol tours in a row, and I've been happy with the results--decent seats without all the heinous fees.
  2. Danny Gokey - Remember him from Idol?  Maybe only Wisconsinites do since he's from here.  He sings country music, which I am not a fan of at all, but I like his voice and him as a person.  I also met him once, and he talked to my mom on the phone!  It was neat.
  3. Ben Folds, The Fray, and others (but those are the two I'm excited about) - I was in attendance at Ben Folds' Summerfest show, but we were crammed in between bleachers, and I didn't actually see him even for a second.  As for The Fray, their music was the soundtrack of my life in 2006, and I have seen them in concert twice before.  One of those times, I was sick as a dog, though, so I just sat in the back for that one. 
  4. Hanson x 2 - They're touring again this fall like they tend to do, so I will be catching them in Chicago and Minneapolis.  Hey Minnesotan readers, I may have to come give you all high fives while I'm up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment