- What's your go-to outfit formula? I'd like to think I do an OK job of mixing it up, but for work, it's probably dress pants, some sort of sleeveless top, and cardigan. For weekends, it varies. I feel like I have more trouble with my casual wardrobe maybe because I still haven't found jeans that fit perfectly. That should be my mission. But in general, I guess jeans, a cami, and some casual-type shirt over it.
- How did you come about this formula? Well, I guess by following the norm but still trying to add a little bit of my own style.
- Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life? Of course. Different outfits are appropriate for different occasions.
- Has it morphed over the years? My work and casual looks haven't changed much except that I wear more dresses now in both situations. However, the "occasion" that came to mind right away when I read this was going out to a bar or party. In college and a year or so after, I used to skank it up with low cut tops, and I actually wore more blazers back then than I do now. Now that I'm A. Married, and B. A Mom, skanky is definitely not a look I aspire to anymore.
- Which other blogger's outfit formula would you like to swipe? Jessica's from What I Wore. I love all her dresses, but she also has a pretty solid collection of nice pants as well. And her look is timeless.
Friday, July 1, 2011
If I Were a Cartoon Character, My Perma-Outfit Would Be...
...Pants, a cardigan, and a sleeveless top.