Thursday, September 22, 2011

Layered Up Paper Doll


For this edition of the Paper Doll Project, I had the privilege of working with the fabulous, modelesque Joanne of Fabulously Average.  We bonded over our love of America's Next Top Model and also the vest we both own, the Old Navy surplus vest she styled for me today.

Vest: Old Navy; Tank Top and Bracelet: Target; Cardigan: Wet Seal; Skirt: Express; Belt: Walmart; Shoes: Kohl's; Necklace: gift


I love how the outfit turned out!  I was a little skeptical at first as to how all the pieces would come together, but I ended up very impressed with Joanne's eye for layering and color combinations.  The cool thing is, it's something I never would've thought to put together either. 

Turns out I wasn't the only one who liked the outfit.  I was checking out this local boutique that sells designer brands I can't afford (although I've heard great things about Tory Burch flats and was tempted for a moment), and one of the women who works there was like, "Look at how cute you look!  Right out of a fashion magazine!" 

Be sure to check out how I styled Joanne's black and white striped skirt and also see all the other Paper Doll Project participants that will be listed on Miss Vinyl Ahoy.

Paper Doll Project

8 comments:

  1. I'm completely in love with this---you look fantastic! What fun colors. I've also been very tempted by Tory Burch flats. Maybe someday...tired of winding up with uncomfortable, cheap ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours all look amazing together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love PDP everytime!
    I wanted this vest SO much! She styled you SO well! :)
    Enter the My Memories software *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So right! I can't believe our combos were so similar! The vest looks adorable with the yellow and blue, but then again, I haven't seen a single thing that vest DOESN'T look good with! Definitely magazine worthy...Great job, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to comment that your and BiblioMOMia's looks were similar - but you both look great!

    And I really like the vest styled over a similarly-hued cardigan. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great minds think alike, and one thing I have learned is I need to invest in some bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! And you did a great job with your partner's outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is amazing! I'm a real sucker for layering, and I think this is perfect. Like you, I probably wouldn't have paired all of these things together, but they work so well!

    ReplyDelete