1. Polka Dots - I believe I own one polka dot item, and I have plans to sew a polka dot dress, but otherwise, I’ll probably be in the market for more. Polka dots have never really been on my radar before, but I guess that’s the influence of fashion trends. Plus, I’m slowly trying to make my wardrobe more classic and polka dots are certainly that.
2. Leather - I don’t know in what form I’m going to incorporate leather yet, but I can assure you it won’t be too short pleather pants a la 2000.
I have a faux leather biker vest, so maybe I’ll just wear that more. I would be curious to try that camel pleated leather skirt from Forever 21 I’ve been seeing around.
Look--leather with polka dots!
3. Longer, fuller skirts - Yayyyy longer skirts. I no longer have to worry about a gust of wind or my skirt riding up too high. On my wish list are full skirts that come down to at least my knees. I have plans to make a circle skirt or two, too.
4. Sweaters - It seems like pullover sweaters are making a comeback. In the last couple years, I’ve been stocking up like mad on cardigans when before that, all I wore were pullovers. Either way, I’m looking forward to wear lots of cozy knits. Maybe I’ll wear them with that imaginary leather skirt of mine.
5. 60s Mad Men-esque styles - Not only have I just started watching Mad Men, but like everyone else seems to be, I’m also lusting over the Banana Republic Mad Men collection. My favorite looks from the collection are:
Tie neck blouses - Pencil skirts don’t work for me (although I’d love to be proven wrong and find one that does someday), so I’ll stick with the pretty blouses instead.
Cigarette pants - I think I mentioned ankle length pants in my spring trends list, too, but now I’m on the hunt for the perfect cigarette pant. Maybe it’ll be the Mad Men collection ones...although I think I’d prefer black. I do wonder how appropriate they are for fall since they look best without socks, but I like the idea of not having to worry about my pants not being long enough.
Red lips - I just bought my first tube of lipstick since high school (I’m a gloss girl), and it’s bright red. I’m excited to give it a go.
I surprised myself with lace not making the list, but maybe I got my fill of it during the spring and summer.