Monday, September 19, 2011

Moms Day Out

Another fun part of my weekend was my moms day/night out on Saturday. Originally for me, it was supposed to be a full day of scrapbooking, shopping, then dining and drinking; but I had to skip the scrapbooking part and the end of the shopping part when hubs got called into work.

I’m kicking myself for not getting any pictures that day. My fellow longtime shopping buddy, Lindsey, and I were tasked with giving her mommy friend an updated everyday look. She wanted something more modern and playful than the boot cut jean/v-neck sweater outfit to which she was accustomed, and I was excited to take on the challenge. Her friend was so funny, getting all excited about wearing drapey cardigans and leggings, which her designer husband previously rejected as viable clothing options due to her proportions. When really, her slender proportions were a lot of fun to dress! Not to mention, her flexible budget made it enjoyable when we could just throw things at her and she was able to buy them. In retrospect, we totally should’ve gotten before and after pictures, but I created a Polyvore set that will do. The skinny jeans took some convincing (the Jessica Simpson ones pictured are the ones she bought), but when she came out of the dressing room exclaiming, “I look like a normal person!” we knew we had her. I don’t know if that was the exact quote--Lindsey? Something like that.

Mini Mommy Makeover


After the mini makeover, the three of us met two other mommies, Amanda and April, for dinner at Cubanitas in Milwaukee. Dinner was pretty good, but the sangria was delicious! We also enjoyed sharing stories about our children since they are all pretty close in age--from 9 months to 18 months. We then headed next door to Hotel Metro, who are known, at least in our minds, for their delicious martini options. We indulged in one drink there and some more conversation and then dispersed for the night. And we forgot to get a group picture! But it was a fun time, and hopefully all our kids can hang out sometime in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment