Monday, September 5, 2011

Lotsa Lobsters

I realized in retrospect that I should've waited one more day to take off my I Eat Mainely Lobster nail polish to go with my Lobster Bake dress.

Inspiration picture for Inspiration Monday hosted by Two Birds:


My interpretation:

Dress: Anthropologie; Shirt: New York & Company; Sandals: Target; Sunglasses: Hanson.net


I only wore this for enough time to go to church in the morning, then I had to change to weed the...garden? It's not a garden--it's the area in front of our house that has three bushes and one hydrangea plant. And lots of weeds because neither of us like "gardening." To make matters worse, our bushes have spikey thorns on them which made me draw blood twice. I kind of want to just pull the stupid bushes out and plant new ones, but then I'd have to figure out what to plant. Something low maintenance, for sure. Any suggestions?

twobirdsboutique

10 comments:

  1. I suggest taking a cell phone picture of the front of your house (not too far away though) to show it to a person at home depot or menards or wherever you go to get some new plants. Tell them that you want some plants that are low maintenance. They'll help you out and are always super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ripped out the sad excuse for bushes in front of our house and replaced them with several hydrangea and a couple peonies. They haven't grown very big yet, but they have the potential too and I think they'll be much prettier than bushes.
    As for maintenance, there isn't much. You're just supposed to cut the flowers off so that more will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this dress. i loved it when i thought it was a skirt, and even more when i found out it was a dress. have you ever heard of a smoke bush? they are beautiful and require very little maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness your inspiration outfit is so dead on and i absolutely love the way it looks on you!!! i tried my roomies maxi dress to turn it into a skirt with a white button up and my husband walked in and laughed at me.. so i changed- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration outfit! That is awesome how you recreated that!! Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration- I love how you wore the dress as a skirt and the colour yellow is great on you! Plus you perfected the shirt knot tie much better than I did- mine just looks kind of lumpy! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed the look! Perfect yellow skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the skirt, your interpretation is fabulous! I would love to have a skirt like yours!

    Denise
    http://denisi.blog.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the gardening suggestions! The hydrangea we have has been pretty low maintenance so far, so I would not be opposed to putting more in there. I haven't heard of a smoke bush--I'll have to look those up. Mrs. T, that's a good suggestion to ask the friendly folks at Home Depot.

    Thanks for the outfit compliments, too! Since this dress is so sheer, I wore a white peasant skirt underneath and tucked the excess fabric of the dress into the skirt to make the maxi dress into a midi skirt. It took a little fussing to keep the tucked part covered by the shirt, but it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great interpretation of the top outfit! It looks great! I love the pop of color in that skirt.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete