Friday, June 22, 2012

You Look Like a Boy

Another amusing conversation with hubs took place this morning.

So I put this on, and hubs gave me a look.


Me: Do I look weird?
Him: Yeah.
Me: I do?? What's weird about it?
Him: You look like a boy.
Me: I was going for a menswear look. I thought guys like that. I did research. (my research)
Him: Well there ya go. I guess you're good then.
(I then put the bow tie necklace on and asked how I looked now.)
Him: Now you look like you're going to a Christmas party.
(??????????)

I still wasn't sure I hated the outfit, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I looked like a mail carrier or something, so I tried putting a vest on over it.


That didn't solve the problem of looking like a boy, so I gave up and wore purple.


When I picked Bridget up from hubs' work, where she was waiting, hubs proceeded to poll a couple of his buddies about my bow tie. One of the guys said it looked like a cat toy, and the other one said it looked like a goldfish. I'm amused by how baffling some fashion choices are to men.

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up. A cat toy? LOL!!! Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. And your research was fascinating. Those guys were incredibly opinionated!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked my boyfriend because I tend to think he is more fashionable than the "average" guy (IE he doesn't usually just throw on a t-shirt and jeans). He didn't "get" the bowtie necklace either. For the record, I think it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. Yeah, I guess I just have to write it off as one of the many fashion choices girls like but guys are confused by.

      Delete