Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time to Let These Clothes Go to a New Home

Dress: Rodarte for Target; Blouse: eShakti via Boutique Larrieux; Headband: ?; Tights: We Love Colors; Boots and Sunglasses: Target

Well, I tried.  I've worn this blouse three or four times now, but I still feel weird every time--with or without the ruffle...but especially with the ruffle.  It's time I give up and let it go to a more daring dresser.  This Rodarte for Target dress is most likely going along with it.  The dress has had a good run, but I do feel weird wearing it to work each time I've done so.  I've worn it out once, and that worked well, but I don't really see myself wearing it out again.

I asked the hubs this morning why he didn't comment on my crazy outfit.  He told me that I couldn't surprise him anymore.  I took that as a challenge.  But really, I do value his opinion and would like to be told if I look like a crazy person.  Sometimes I'll agree and change, and sometimes I'll ignore it and go on my merry way.

When I was at E-Collectique on Friday, Mikelle the owner encouraged me to bring some stuff in to consign.  I would be curious to know how much one makes selling one's clothes instead of donating them.  Probably only a couple dollars, but why not give it a shot.  Even store credit would be neat--more dangerous, but neat. Have any of you sold your clothing to consignment stores before?

In other news, Project Runway All Stars starts tonight!!  Team Rami over here!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh thanks for the reminder about PR! I don't know if the tevo will know to record it since it's all-stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DVR didn't. I had to set it for Project Runway All Stars even though I have Project Runway series scheduled to record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last summer I brought quite a few things to Fashion Xchange on Bluemound in Brookfield. I forgot what the percentage was for getting cash vs store credit, but it was better than just having the things sit in the attic or donated. I still donate but some "nicer" things I'd like to get a few bucks back on. The dress is cute! I can see it being cute for GNO but I know what it's like to be over some things in your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never sold anyone of my clothes to a consignment store. I don't have anything good, and I don't want to be told how "good" my clothes are, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete