Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eleven Things

Thanks for the tag, Jess!

There are five rules: 
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.

Playing Just Dance at Halloween 2011

Random facts:

1. I'm pretty shy, but playing games brings me out of my shell. It can be anything really — board games, sports, Just Dance (shown above). Anything BUT charades. I don't like charades at all.

2. I like mint, and I like nuts, but I don't like them mixed with anything. They don't belong in chocolate, ice cream, brownies, cookies, etc.

3. I'm the only girl cousin on both sides. It's always fun and interesting being at hubs' family gatherings where there are a bunch of boy and girl cousins, and they're all around the same age-ish.

4. I don't have my ears pierced and never really had the desire to either. I've worn clip-ons once for a friend's wedding, and my mom tried to convince me to wear clip-ons for my wedding, but I refused. Getting my ears pierced would hurt less than wearing clip-ons anyway.

5. I used to want to adopt two kids and name them LMAO and LOL (pronounced Lemayo and Loll). I still would like to adopt, but we only want two kids, so maybe I'll settle for adopting our next dog. We'll see. But don't worry, I'll be better about child naming if we do ever adopt.

6. I was the tallest kid in my kindergarten class.

7. My favorite reality TV shows of all time besides Top Model were probably Average Joe and Beauty and the Geek. Yay for the nerdy underdogs. I've hung out with one of the Beauty and the Geek cast members a few times, and he also drunkenly climbed into my dog's cage at my 24th birthday party. I won't disclose which one he is because he also works at the same company I do. And probably no one watched the show anyway except my friends who were at the party.

8. I'm definitely a francophile and have been for as long as I can remember. But who isn't these days. I guess you either love the French culture or hate it, eh? Or I guess not care either way. Even though I took French for a total of six semesters between high school and college, I still didn't speak a word of it when my mom and I traveled to France in '05. I was too nervous about sounding stupid.

9. I enjoy walking around in the woods, but I don't really care for camping, and I HATE bugs.

10. I played piano for six years as a kid. I tried clarinet for one year, wasn't very good, and quit.

11. Speaking of kid activities, I also participated in tons of sports throughout the years — soccer, swimming, softball, dance classes, basketball, volleyball, and track (shotput and discus). I wasn't great at softball or basketball; OK in swimming, dance, and track; and pretty good at volleyball. My favorite sports to play recreationally now are volleyball and tennis, but I don't do either very often.

Jess's questions:

1. Do you have any life goals? My life goal has always been to publish a book. I'd love to still do that, but I can't find the motivation or time. Mostly motivation. And probably talent. I definitely have the material, though. Now that I'm a mom, of course a new life goal of mine is to make sure Bridget is happy and has everything she needs.

2. What's the last book you read for fun? Love it, hate it? I'm reading Mockingjay right now, and it's alright so far. I tend not to like the beginnings of the Hunger Games books for some reason. I'm sure I'll be hooked halfway through, like I was with the other two.

3. How do you feel about ebooks? They're fine. I've only read one ebook actually, and that was on my phone. Maybe if I had a Kindle, I'd like them better, but I much prefer paper books.

4. Why did you decide to create your blog? Is that still your intent or has it changed? I had been following many style and other type of blogs for a year or so, and I always wanted to start one, but I didn't know what my focus would be. At the end of my maternity leave, I just decided to go for it with the intention of writing about different things like motherhood, fashion, pop culture, food, etc. It morphed into more of a style blog, which is cool, but I would like to do more pop culture-y type posts, too. So I guess after over a year of blogging, I still don't know exactly what I want to do with it. And that's exactly why I named the blog "mixed-up."

5. What is your favourite font? Is it bad that I don't have one?

6. What is your Girl Scout cookie of choice? Thanks-a-Lots!!!!!! I think I ate a box in a day this year. I don't know if they sell those everywhere, so here's a picture and description for the Girl Scout Cookies website.

7. Tell me about your mode of transportation in life. I drive everywhere. I enjoy driving. If I could feasibly drive everywhere and never have to fly again, that would be great. But considering I'd like to get to Europe again, and my husband wants to go to Australia someday, plus an upcoming trip to Florida and New York with the girls in the next year, that's not happening.

8. Do you like memes? Do you have a favourite? I just looked this up for clarification ('cause that's what I do), and I realized I had been pronouncing it wrong all along. I've been saying it like the French word même (pronounced mem) instead of like meem. Good thing I've never actually said the word out loud. Anyway, I do like memes, but I don't know that I have a favorite.

9. How do you relax? You're looking at it. Just add wine.

10. What is the most daring thing you've done? Zip-lined in Mexico? I guess that would be daring for someone afraid of heights. I thought it was a lot of fun, so maybe that's a wussy answer. Ummmmm, I can't think of anything else, though.

11. If you take pictures for your blog, how do you do it? Does someone do it for you? Tripod? What kind of camera do you use? I sometimes use a tripod, but the majority of the time, the camera is perched on my car. Very professional. I use a Canon PowerShot SX130.

Now for my 11 questions:

1. Who is your biggest or current celebrity crush?
2. What is your earliest memory in life?
3. If you could live anywhere besides where you live now, where would that be?
4. Are you more like your mom or your dad?
5. What's one item of clothing or accessory that you can justify splurging on?
6. If you've read The Hunger Games and/or seen the movie, Team Peeta or Team Gale? I haven't picked a team yet, so I need some input. Heh. No spoilers please! I haven't finished the last book!
7. What's one blog post you've done that you're proud of, or your favorite one you've posted?
8. What did you do for fun before the Internet (maybe it's the same thing you do now)?
9. What are you looking forward to this summer?
10. Favorite punctuation mark? (Mine is parentheses; can you tell???)
11. Any hidden talents?

I'm tagging (sorry if I tagged someone who's already done this):
A Steady Pace
Cabootique
Caffeinerd
Flying Purple Hippos
Ginger Girl
Merry Alana
Neroli Blossoms

7 comments:

  1. This is so fun! Thanks for the tag. I need to get working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Rebekah. This seems like a lot of work and use of thought....so do I have to do this too, now? (I mean, I totally will. Eventually.) As your favorite cookie would say: THANKS-A-LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you don't haaaaave to, but it'd be fun if you did. Take your time!

      Delete
  3. I love learning new things about my blogger friends! I agree, mint is great...but only by its self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played clarinet too! I held on for five years but finally switched for xylophone and loved it so much more. I still played bass clarinet in the school orchestra though. And my ears aren't pierced either! I thought I was the only one on earth who didn't have at least one earring. Thanks for doing this, Rebekah, I love learning more about my e-friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever change your mind about getting your ears pierced, do not go somewhere that uses a piercing gun; piercings with a needle hurt a lotttt less. It was pretty painful when I got my ears pierced with a piercing gun, however, when I got my labret pierced (using a needle), it barely hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I'm going to do this one later. I haven't had Internet at home in about a month, so, I haven't posted much lately.

    ReplyDelete