Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fashion of The Hunger Games Premiere

Last night was the red carpet premiere of The Hunger Games with the arrivals and interviews streamed online. I was able to tune in about 15 minutes late; unfortunately, I watched the entire thing on mute.

The very first interview I saw and probably my favorite dress of the night was that of Latarsha Rose, who plays Portia, Peeta's stylist, in the movie. She was wearing a lace and feather embellished dress by couture designer Junko Yoshioka and jewelry by Royal Asscher and London Manori. I'm not sure how much I love the fit and flare look, but the top is gorgeous! It's lace, so obviously, I'm going to like it.

Source

Between the two young stars of the movie, Amandla Stenberg (Rue) wins best dressed hands down. She looked ADORABLE in this minty ombre dress.

Source 

I would've liked Willow Shields' (Prim) look better if the dress were a little shorter. The color is very pretty on her, though.

Source 

Redheads always seem to look gorgeous in green. Jackie Emerson (Foxface) was no exception.

Source 

I have to mention Elizabeth Banks' (Effie) dress. She looked flawless with this textured reddish-orange one shoulder dress. Upon closer inspection, it almost looked like her dress was made out of Fruit Roll-ups, which I found amusing.

Source

Another girl in red was Leven Rambin (Glimmer, or Sloan from Grey's Anatomy, as I know her.), who looked stunning. Maybe one of the best dressed of the night, in my opinion.

Source

Another best-dressed nominee would also have to be Isabelle Fuhrman (Clove) in a sparkly Oscar de la Renta tea length dress. And check out those gold glittery Jimmy Choo shoes! I can't believe this girl is only 15!

Source

Miley Cyrus was also in attendance since she is dating Liam Hemsworth (Gale), and her Emilio Pucci ensemble is also worth mentioning. She wore a cropped bustier with a full length matching beaded skirt. In her defense, the cropped look is in, and during the interview I saw, there wasn't that much stomach showing.  It does look a little belly dancer with the strappy low cut top and the exposed midriff, though.

Source

And oh hey, can't forget the stars! Jennifer Lawrence looked the part of the star of the show and wore a gold lamé Prabal Gurung dress with cutouts along the sides that extended to the back. Your eyes went right to her on the red carpet, as they should. Josh Hutcherson wore a Z Zegna dark gray suit, while Liam Hemsworth donned Dolce&Gabbana.

Source

Source

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I did not realize Josh Hutcherson was not as tall as I thought. Oh well, he's still adorable. Can't wait for the movie, and I love Amandla Stenberg's dress. She looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete