Topic: The one-time use phenomenon. I've been reading a number of posts lately about only wearing something once and how many bloggers are accused of this. Seems a good topic for us.
"Remixing" two dresses - 30 for 30 challenge last summer
- Are you a one-time wearer? Not to that extreme, but I do sometimes buy something new, wear it once right away, forget about it for a long time, then wear it again. But I don't think I've bought something and only worn it once. At least not lately.
- Do you feel the need to purchase something new for an evening out or a special event? To a degree. I've always bought a new dress if I'm going to a wedding. Near the end of college and after when I used to go out often, I did feel the need to wear something different every time. These days, I don't care as much, especially if it's a different group of people.
- Re-mixing is something a lot of bloggers are proud of being able to accomplish - are you a re-mixing pro or do you shy away from posting items frequently? Why? Yeah I do think about this, but it's more of an ingrained paranoia that I've had for a long time about wearing things again too soon. It's something I think about in life and on the blog. That said, I don't post outfits every day, so if I'm wearing something I like, I'll post it. If I think my outfit is boring, I won't.
- Do you have a clothing budget or are you an impulse buyer? I am a chronic impulse buyer. I try to stick to a list, but I always slip up. And then I put myself on month-long shopping bans like I'm finishing up right now.
- Do you find yourself bored when reading a blog in which clothing items are often remixed and appear frequently? No, definitely not. I don't even think I've noticed. I have noticed when someone wears the same type of thing all the time, but I don't care if someone is using the same pieces over and over again in different ways. That's normal.