Friday, March 16, 2012

High Heel Amateur

Top: Express; Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad (Kohl's); Pants: NY&Co; Shoes: Target; Watch: Michael Kors; Bracelet: self-made




Have you ever seen those girls wearing high heels who look like baby giraffes trying to walk for the first time? Yeah, that was me in these shoes.  Somehow in the years that I've owned these shoes, they have gotten too big. Who knows, maybe they've always been too big. I really don't wear them that often. In fact, I keep meaning to get rid of them, but then I wouldn't have a pair of simple black pumps. I guess that's going on my want list.

So there I was, walking the two blocks from the parking garage to work, and every time I took a step, the back of the shoe slipped off my heel. It made for a very slow, embarrassing walk. About halfway there, I heard someone walking slowly behind me, and in my head, I willed them to just pass me and put me out of my misery. Turns out, it was one of my husband's good friends who works with me. I'm not sure if that's more or less embarrassing, but I immediately told him my shoes are too big, and I'm walking like a fool. Not surprisingly, he replied, "I can tell." Yeah, I bet. Time to retire these shoes.

If you have any suggestions of relatively comfortable black pumps for wide-ish size 10–11 feet, 3 inches or lower heel for less than $100 (usually, I'd cap it at like 40, but I figure spending more can only benefit me in this case — I = cheap), I'd love to hear them!

16 comments:

  1. Hey, just found your blog and I think you have great style. Would love if you could check my blog out and if your interested we could follow each other, just follow me and leave me a comment xx
    great blog its lovely to find something new to read
    xx

    theheadlessstylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my (now don't laugh) JS by Jessica pumps. They are seriously the most comfortable heels I've ever had. These are the ones I have, but mine are black:http://bit.ly/ux3WmL . I think she has some that are shorter, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah Hah! No, I've heard good things about her shoes before, I think. I'll definitely have to track some down and try them out. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I walk so awkwardly in heels. Wedges are my friend. I got these from Payless, and I love how they look (I have the black suede and the leopard print)...

    http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10284&skuId=091341065&productId=70539&lotId=091341&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. the black suede comes in wide width.

      Delete
    2. Ya know, Payless shoes usually don't work for me because the 10s are a tad too small, and the 11s are a tad too big, but maybe a 10 wide would do the trick. I keep seeing these shoes on other blogs, and they do look really cute! I'm sad to see they don't carry the red pair anymore. Red shoes are another thing on my to-buy-someday list.

      Delete
    3. Oh and thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    4. I know exactly what you mean. I bought mine in a 10.5, however, it looks like they are sold out of them now?? Sucky.

      Delete
  4. lol. That is a hilarious story, but I know exactly what you mean. If you otherwise like those heels, have you thought about getting heel grippers? It's probably cheaper than replacing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also gave me pretty sizable blisters on the sides of my feet, but maybe that's just because of the slipping. I'll have to give heel grippers a shot and see if these shoes are salvageable. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Target has another black heel in stock that are dead ringers for Kate Spade Karolina pump(slightly rounded toe)--Mossimo Pearce Pumps-$30. They actually come in multiple colors. I bought the red/chili. TTS and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that would be convenient. I'm at Target pretty often, so I'll have to see if they have these. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I have a pair of black pumps that in theory are fantastic, but when I wear them I also look ridiculous, they somehow manage to pinch a nerve in the ball of my left foot, every time. I don't wear heels at all really so I don't have many suggestions! I love those pants. I think we do have NY&Co at a department store here, I should check it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a pair of shoes that pinch a nerve, too! Unfortunately, I can't remember which ones they are, so I'll have to learn the hard way next time I wear them.

      Delete
  7. I love these pants! Fabulous. I am a fellow baby-giraffe size 10-11 girl, so have to check out the comments above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s nice sharing ! There are so many fashion styles of high heels on sale at store online www.20880.com

    ReplyDelete