Monday, March 5, 2012

The Saturdays

This group of ladies is apparently a girl group called The Saturdays, and their outfits make up the Inspiration Monday photo for today.


But as far as I'm concerned, these are the real Saturdays--a Madison based band that is no more, but whom I used to follow around senior year of high school and freshman year of college.


Same band, different name

That's also the band that played in my parents' basement for my 18th birthday party. Ah memories. Such a fun time in life.

Here's my interpretation of one of the female Saturdays outfits. More specifically, the chick on the end with the cool short hair.

Cardigan and Pants: NY&Co; Tank: Gap; Shoes: Mr. Shoe; Watch and Bag: Michael Kors



I'm not so sure about this backwards cardigan thing. I've seen other bloggers do it successfully, but I kind of felt like I was being choked. Honestly, I got cold feet about the whole thing and switched the cardigan back around 15 minutes into my work day. I have to say, I was a lot more comfortable after that.

This week's wear*it Wednesday theme is How to Wear Your Favorite Item of Clothing. Hopefully it'll be a fun and easy one for you guys to participate in. I added a couple forms to the wear*it Wednesday page to hopefully make it easier for you to submit weekly photos and theme ideas. Looking forward to seeing all your favorite pieces!

4 comments:

  1. i think the sweater looks goo on you turned around, but i can get why you would want to switch it back again! i love these trouser jeans on you! and i wish i would have had a band play in my parents' house on my 18th birthday! how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous on that outfit. And the purse loving it hehe.

    Poncho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the backwards sweater thing on you, but yeah, sweaters were made one way for a reason. You had a band for your birthday? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I've never tried that with a cardie! Hmmmm... ideas! (K debates box of cardigans in mind!) You look great- I liked that SAturday best but I didn't have anything suitable so I went for the 2nd one! Lovely outfit choice!

    ReplyDelete