Monday, August 6, 2012

A Couple Awards

Recently (it took me forever to finish this post, so not as recently anymore), I received a couple blog awards from Rosanna and Alana. Thanks, ladies!!



Rules for receiving the award:
  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs.
Eleven Things about Me:
  1. I'm super forgetful. If I don't write something down RIGHT AWAY, I forget it one second later.
  2. Whenever there's a group of four girls in a TV show/movie, my three friends and I each identify ourselves with one character. I am Roberta from Now and Then, Carmen from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Gabby from Desperate Housewives, and I can't remember who I am from SATC because we have two Charlottes. Carrie, I think? I can see Miranda in me, too.
  3. Procrastinating is by far my worst habit. As a result, I work well under pressure, but waiting until the last minute usually ends up stressing me out. Especially when things don't go as planned.
  4. I have no follow through. I tend to start projects but never finish them.
  5. This is starting to sound like a resumé for my weaknesses, so I better turn it around and mention something positive. I'm coachable. Although it had a red squiggly line underneath it when I typed it, it's a word my dad used to described me when he coached shot put and discus for my school. I'm kind of proud of that made-up word trait because that means I'm a fast learner, I'm receptive, and I won't talk back. At the time, he was comparing me to another girl on our team who had more natural talent than I did (and she went on to break the shot put record), but she was not coachable in the least.
  6. On the other hand, I do have a bit of a problem with authority. I'm respectful, but authority figures make me a tad uncomfortable. Except for my parents of course.
  7. Back to less serious matters, my favorite kind of cookies are oatmeal scotchies. I had one for lunch today, and I don't even feel guilty about it. It was that good. 
  8. I have a very faint scar on the back of my left hand, but I have no idea how it got there.
  9. I own way too many boyband CDs. And not only their first CDs. I have the first AND second CDs of 5ive, Otown, BBMak, 2Gether, LFO, Westlife (burned versions), No Authority, Plus One, Youngstown, and there are probably more I'm forgetting. I'm not counting BSB, 'N Sync, or 98° because they're awesome, and of course I would have more than one of their CDs. OK, No Authority and 2Gether are awesome, too, and both of them need to have reunions.
  10. I still haven't gotten the hang of touchscreen phones for typing. I want my full keyboard back.
  11. It took me forever to think of things about myself to fill this list.
Here are Alana's 11 questions.
  1. What is your favourite summer activity? Hmmm, that's a toughie. The first thing that came to mind  was hitting up the WI State Fair. It's probably too crowded to really be considered a favorite, but I look forward to the food all year.
  2. What is your guilty pleasure? I guess to piggyback off the last question, I'll go with junk/snack food. And trying new kinds of junk food. If something says "New" on the package, I have to try it.
  3. Do you have a favourite book? Probably Pride and Prejudice.
  4. What is your favourite topic to blog about? I enjoy doing TV show recaps. The only problem is that I usually don't watch my shows until days later, and they're normally shows that people don't care about. That's why I've only done a couple in the life of my blog.

    Shopping haul posts are fun, but they usually make me feel more guilty than anything else.

    I also really like coming up with outfits for different occasions. I've done a couple concert attire idea posts, and I sometimes Polyvore things for my friends to wear that I don't post on the blog.

    One more type of post I like to do is one calling for feedback, whether I need an opinion on what to wear or what to buy or whatever. It's always fun to get a different perspective.
  5. Coffee or tea? Coffee. I've started drinking tea every day, but I still prefer coffee.
  6. What decade do you identify with the most? Present day, past decade? Probably present day.
  7. Where do you feel most at home? My own home, I guess. When it's clean. When it's messy (which is most of the time), it stresses both me and hubs out. Although, my first thought was to say a Hanson concert at the Chicago House of Blues since that's where I've probably seen them most. I used to hate that place, but it's kind of become a home away from home, in a way.
  8. What do you do when you're having a bad day? Eat, shop, sulk. Complain about it on Twitter or Livejournal.
  9. Have you met blogging friends in real life? Yup, I've met a handful! April (she gets a new blog all the time, so hopefully her current one is the one I linked, *wink*) was the first one I met, then Elena, then a bunch of Chicago-based bloggers (including Randi, Rachel, Piper, Megan, and Katy) at a swap.
  10. What is your favourite subject to blog about? See #4.
  11. What's your favourite way to relax? Honestly? Probably vegging in front of the TV.
Now here are mine:

1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What was your first job?
3. How many siblings do you have? Are you close to your siblings?
4. What is one trend that scares you but you wish you could wear?
5. On the other side, what is one fashion trend you hate?
6. What's your favorite currently running TV show?
7. What is your favorite Olympic sport to watch?
8. Related question, if you were to participate in an Olympic sport, which one would that be?
9. If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would it be?
10. Do your friends and family know about your blog? Why or why not?
11. In one or two words, how would you describe your style?

I'll pass the Liebster award onto these ladies:

The Fashionista Vet
In Residence
My Greatest Hits
14 Shades of Grey
Thrifted Shift
Dimestore Diamond
Emily's Going Nuts
Fashion or Fiction
Lipstick & Lollies
Rock 'n' Roll Betty
World of Joy

2 comments:

  1. I am also super forgetful, and procrastination is something I do all the time. At work with deadlines, I'm always finishing things the day of, even when I could have done them a couple of days before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! That's so nice!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete