Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hanson in Iowa

On Saturday, two of my friends and I drove 12 hours round trip to watch a maybe 40-minute Hanson set in Des Moines, Iowa. Totally worth it!


Up until this weekend, I kind of held a grudge against the state of Iowa since the last time I was there in 2004, I was broken up with. My grudge was silly because that relationship only lasted 2 months and is ancient history, and 2004 ended up being the best summer of my life. But anyway, Iowa has since somewhat redeemed itself.

Not completely, though. We had a few weird bathroom situations (oddly high-traffic bathroom in the middle of nowhere while we were trying to get ready, port-a-potties, and uncomfortably low stall walls). It also rained on and off, which we could've done without although it did help cool us off at times. On top of that, I got a speeding ticket on the way home for going 10 over. Boooo.

The Hanson part, however, made up for it. This concert included like eight bands I believe, and Hanson was in the middle at 3:00. Our tickets said Row 10, which ended up being Row 20 after the venue had to rearrange seats to make the stage safer or something. By the time Hanson was scheduled to go on, a bunch of the seats in front were still empty probably since the Train, Adam Lambert, and Neon Trees fans had not arrived yet. We decided to stand up front by the barricade until a mean security guard told everyone to get back to their seats. Instead, we veered into some empty spots in fourth row. Definite upgrade from our original spots.

Our view

Zac

Isaac

Taylor

Although the show was short, and the set list was typical, we made it fun by each creating a set list ahead of time and putting $5 in for a pool. Whoever got closest would win $15 (us three and then our friend who wasn't able to come also participated). My friend T and I ended up tying and each won $5.

Afterwards, the guys even came out to sign some autographs for us fans waiting on the other side of the fence.






You can see the rest of my pictures in my Facebook album, which also includes Summerfest pictures from a few weeks ago.

3 comments:

  1. Shut up! Hanson is totally in my top 3 bands! I've seen every tour for the past 7 years or so but they haven't been around me in a while. Fun!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i didn't even know hanson was in iowa or i probably would have seen you there. i really need to get up to date with what is going on with them! it's been way too long since i've seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For shame! It's your neighboring state! You should get on their mailing list so that you know about upcoming events. Luckily, they're talking a world tour including US dates next year, so I'm sure they'll go back to Minneapolis.

      Delete