Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Corduroy

Blazer: ELLE (Kohl's); Top: Old Navy; Pants: Kohl's; Shoes: Target; Bracelet: Kate Spade


I was trying to show the pleating in the back of the blazer, but it looks more like a gratuitous butt shot. Sorry 'bout that.

These are some old pants. I must've bought them whenever gauchos were in style, which was probably 2005–6ish. And because they're corduroy, there's of course the distinctive "swish swish" sound when I walk. Everyone could hear me coming! At one point, I even tried walking like I just got off a horse to prevent my wide-leg capri pants from swishing. Ah neuroses. I don't know, maybe I'll get rid of them, but I kind of dig 'em still.

The top is a closet orphan because how many times can you really wear a leaf-patterned ruffled one-shoulder top that's a tad too short and tight (right now)? But it's also something I've had for a number of years and can't bring myself to get rid of yet.

As for my new blazer, here's hoping that gets a lot more use in the coming months.

4 comments:

  1. I love that blazer!!! And with your height, you can totally pull off the cropped pants, especially with that heel. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop that booty gurl. I honestly feel the same paranoia about my cords, but I've noticed that when anyone else wears them, I can't hear them swish. So maybe we're overthinking how loud corduroy actually is. Spanx is another story though, I'm 100% certain that everyone can hear those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blazer is great! My cords make noise, too, but wouldn't it be spooky if they didn't?

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good! love that blazer! xo

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

    ReplyDelete