Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lots of Outfit Changes

I have two monochromatic looks for today's Everybody, Everywear challenge, and here's why...


First, I tried on the white outfit for Inspiration Monday:



T-shirt: Express; Dress: bridesmaids dress; Shoes: swap

But I just wore this shirt last week, which was also my last outfit post. I washed it in between, but still. Also, this skirt - it's actually a bridesmaids dress I wore in '09, and I need to drop another 10 pounds before it fits comfortably. It zipped almost all the way, which was impressive, but I valued breathing too much to wear it while sitting at work all day.

So I attempted to stay monochromatic and changed into this:

Top: Luci Boutique; Pants: NY&Co; Shoes: Payless

The last time I wore this top, I was 6 months pregnant, so the bottom was a little stretched out, which is why I tucked it in. The pants are starting to get a bit baggy, too. Looks like it's almost time for me to go pants shopping again. Yay/boo.

Finally, I knew it would be too chilly in the office for a sleeveless top today, so I added a cardigan and called it a day. After changing pieces of my outfit half a dozen times, I got into work an hour later than usual. Whoops. Thank goodness for a somewhat flexible schedule. I don't know what I'd do without it.


And I just added this last one because I think my dog's expression is funny.


Monochromatic

8 comments:

  1. Oh, mornings like that are so stressful! You look great in the final version, though! And your dog is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an admirable job on your monochromatic and inspiration monday efforts. I like the way you pose. It looks natural. and ...I agree with Vivienne, your dog is funny. I loved that interesting express you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. urgh.. 'expression' you captured. (i get so ticked at myself when I make typos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy crap that gray outfit is awesome. wishing i had that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi so glad you dropped in. You look so slim and gorgeous. I love your transformation. I went ahead and did the style/art link up anyway and she added me to the bunch. I love your fringe top, your dog's face, and your thin frame, congrats on your effort..it really shows. dawn suitcase vignettes xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the all gray! The neckline of that top is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these outfits. You look adorable in all of them :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grey outfit with the attention grabbing neckline!

    Cheers,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete