Friday, August 31, 2012

Packing for Florida

Off to Orlando!! Here's some of the stuff I packed for my vacay:

Clothes:


Day 1: Pink patterned Target shorts with coral H&M tank 
Why? This is the most form-fitting tank top I'm packing. I figure I'll get the potentially most uncomfortable outfit out of the way the first day.


Day 2: Purple Target dress with black Walmart spandex shorts
Why? No reason except this was the leftover day.


Day 3: Tan patterned shorts with green cotton racerback tank, both from Old Navy
Why? I wanted to wear something green on the Universal day since we're visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I guess a couple of the other girls are packing green, too, so I may have to switch a couple days around to avoid being too matchy.


Day 4: Yellow Kohl's dress with gray Walmart spandex shorts
Why? This dress is on the sheer side, so I'm saving for a day when we probably will not go on a water ride since it's also the day we fly home.

Comfortable Sandals:


Last year, I wore some Reebok active-type sandals that ripped up the top of my foot from the strap (I exaggerate slightly). I've tested these Crocs and Keens on longer outings with much better results, so I'm hoping to have relatively painless feet this time around.

Watch:


I wanted something practical but still fun, and something that I didn't have to worry about on water rides. This was another cheap Target purchase.

Sunglasses:


Just some cheapies from Target. We'll see how they do.

Bag:


I specifically bought this bag (Tyler Rodan via Boston Store) for this trip although I've used it a handful of times before. The leather strap is going to be the bane of my existence, I already know. On the other hand, it's a decent size bag without being too big, and it's yellow.

Entertainment:


All magazines and a crossword book. At first, I had Modelland packed, but I didn't really think I was going to read a book on the plane. I'm generally too nervous to concentrate on a novel, but the crossword puzzles usually distract me just enough.

And finally, I got a Harry Potter themed pedicure and painted my fingernails myself for the trip. I have another post scheduled for tomorrow to tell you more about that process.


1 comment:

  1. Have fun! I've always wanted to go to "Harry Potter World" as I like to call it :-) Love the nails!!!

    ReplyDelete