Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blasts from the Past

Apparently a lot more people are on facebook these days.  A million years ago...or sometime in college...when I signed up for facebook, I remember searching for everyone I knew.  I went to two grade schools and two high schools, so I had plenty of searching to do.  I added a bunch of people at that time; but one day a couple years later, I thought someone had hacked my account because I wasn't able to log in, and things on my profile were disappearing and reappearing.  I had facebook shut down my account only to find that it had been technical difficulties on their end.  So I had to go back and rebuild my list, which ended up being a lot smaller the second time.  I didn't really want to friend people from school again and feel stupid.

Flash forward to today.  I can't remember what got me started on it, but (mostly out of boredom) I started looking around and sending friend requests to people from my past.  Eventually, I found my first crush from second grade and my first best friend from first grade, along with a handful of other friends and classmates.  It's kind of crazy how everyone still looks the same as I last remember them. 

My 10-year high school reunion is coming up this year.  Like I said earlier, I went to two high schools.  One huge one freshman and sophomore year, and then my family moved, and I started at a tiny high school junior year.  Even though my best friends were at the first high school, I really liked the second one and was able to get involved in volleyball, track, and the school play.  I got my first boyfriend there, too.  I still don't know if I want to go, though.  A lot of those classmates are on facebook, too, so I know what they're all up to.  Plus, I was only there for two years--most of them grew up together.  I don't know...we'll see.  Maybe I'll make an appearance...if I lose this baby weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment