Friday, February 11, 2011

More about My Love of Color

Dress: E-Collectique Runway Boutique; Tank: Old Navy; Sweater: Target?; Scarf: Boston Store; Tights: We Love Colors; Boots: Target
Happy Friday from Bridget!

1. What color dominates your closet?
Purple. I have tons of purple, and it's not even my favorite color. Whenever I find a top I like, purple is usually one of the color options, and it ends up being the option that appeals to me the most. I also like how the color looks on me, whether it's more of a lavender, or if it's a rich jewel tone grape.

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?

Lately, I've been trying to work more yellow into my closet since that is my favorite color. Yellow makes me happy; and if I didn't look like a kook, I'd probably wear it everyday.

I would also actually do more neutrals, especially black and gray. Most people have an abundance of black, but I'm realizing now that I work in a more corporate environment that I have very little. Tailored black pieces just have a way of giving someone extra polish, and that's something I'd like to have more of.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
I go with the Stacy and Clinton view of "colors don't have to match; they have to go." For instance, today I'm wearing a printed dress that has pattern of dark brown, cream, rusty red, and dark orange. I accessorized with a bright yellow scarf and maroon We Love Colors tights. Even though there's no yellow or maroon in the dress, the colors look really good together. And I don't think it looks too schizophrenic.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
It's usually with a bright colored top and neutral pants. If I'm wearing a neutral outfit, I'll add colored tights or a scarf.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
Jessica from What I Wore totally inspired my outfit for today. She always looks great when she does the printed dress with colored tights look. Kendi from Kendi Everyday is also a favorite style inspiration of mine--I like how she's daring with some of her color combinations.

Get in on the Friend Friday action.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know I'm probably the only one that cares, but I hate the use of the description "schizophrenic". It doesn't mean what people think it means. And I really hate it. Personal pet peeve. I guess I don't know exactly how to explain it. Schizophrenia is NOT multiple personality disorder nor do people with schizophrenia have multiple personalities. They have hallucinations and delusions. It's a psychotic disorder which means their thinking and the way their brain interprets things is broken from reality. Just my little spiel, I'll step off my soapbox now that you are properly informed. Ha. It's probably the equivalent of someone saying they or they're when what is meant is he/she or it. I'm guessing that drives you nuts. Or whatever grammatical problem drives you nuts. Sorry for my rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. I'll spin it a different way. The look is not too schizophrenic--it won't make me hallucinate and think my clothes match...no?

    And yes, some grammatical things do make my blood boil, so I don't blame you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna steal that cute outfit, ugh!!! I need to convince hubby to let me go spring/summer clothes shopping again with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you do need to come shopping with me again! I probably won't have any money by then, but I can help you find stuff!

    ReplyDelete