Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Cardigan and a Poncho

Cardigan: Old Navy; Tank: Target maternity; Pants: New York & Company; Boots: Target; Necklace: gift; Purse: Coach (gift)

Note to self: find a better background in front of which to take pictures.  The humidifier kind of ruins the mood, yes?

This outfit didn't really work for me today, which is actually why I felt compelled to take pictures of it and write about it.  The sweater is a little boxy; and even though it has a print, the whole outfit just felt a little boring and uninspired to me.  How cute is my bag, though?  It was a birthday gift.

I really like the cardigan because really, what's not to like?  It's yellow and flowery!  I think maybe I envision it with a ruffly white blouse, a skirt in any neutral color, and a belt at the waist to give the top more shape.  OR, with a T-shirt; jeans; ballet flats; and a big, bold statement necklace.  Any other ideas?

Another interesting piece of clothing I recently acquired that I like but am puzzled about is a poncho.  My father-in-law picked it out and thought it looked like something I would like, so I'm definitely willing to try it out!



I've never owned a poncho before because I just didn't believe in them.  But, I know you can pretty much belt anything and make it look good, so I gave that a shot.  And I kinda dig the look!  I thought I saw something about ponchos being on-trend, so I did a little research. And whattaya know--here's Dakota Fanning, Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Lively.


8 comments:

  1. I like the first look, but that is just me. I mean come on I spend my days in yoga pants and nursing tanks the farthest from being fashionable. Before mommyhood I wouldn't have considered myself up in the fashion world either. Maybe when I lose more weight and get a nursing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love the colors on the cardigan - grey and yellow are fabulous together and the flowers are wonderful. I think maybe the pants are a little too voluminous. Maybe a pant with a little less volume, or belting the cardigan would work.

    And that poncho? Frickin' awesome. I would wear it with some skinny jeans or leggings and a tunic and some tall boots. Seriously, it's wonderful on you - that belt is hitting you right at the right spot.

    http://fashionforgiants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm a weirdo, but I don't think that poncho is working. I think the belt hits you too high up and is giving your body an odd shape. Maybe lose the belt in general like the celebrities? Oh come on, I am the least fashionable person you know! Don't take my advice, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I think that first outfit would be really nice with a thick belt! It would make it less boxy right? Or what about a trendy thin bright yellow belt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun blog! i love this! cant wait to catch up on the rest of your posts! :]
    -karly
    www.karpluswade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey- thanks for the follow + i'm glad to have a name twin and new blog friend! i love your blog and i'm intrigued by ponchos!!!
    Bekah Matters of Merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello new followers!!

    I think the poncho would definitely look better with skinny jeans or leggings as opposed to my wide leg dress pants I had on. I'll have to try that look this weekend and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a nice belted poncho. i think it's super cute on....and yes to the skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete