Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cheerio!

Whenever I see a food marked "NEW" in the grocery store, I'm really excited to try it out.  For instance, my current favorite new snack food find is Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles.  I could eat a whole bag in one sitting.  If you like chocolate, peanut butter, or bugles, you should get them--they're delish.



Anyway, this morning, I tried the new Cinnamon Burst Cheerios.  I was underwhelmed.  They tasted a little stale to me, but that could be because they're not as flavorful as their zesty cousin, Apple Cinnamon.  If I were craving cinnamon Cheerios again, I'd stick with the classic.  I will say, though, that the Cinnamon Burst Cheerios are a little better for you.  Like they say on the box, they do have more fiber--5 g compared to 1.3 g in Apple Cinnamon.  That probably also explains why they taste duller, but you can't have everything.


Not all the new Cheerios are a bust, though.  When the chocolate variety came out, I did enjoy those.  They reminded me of a slightly healthier, slightly more grown up version of Cocoa Puffs.  They would even turn your milk a little chocolaty if you left them in there long enough.

2 comments: